1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Project : AriaTech

Discussion in 'Modding' started by JessAlba452, 29 Jan 2005.

1. JessAlba452

JessAlba452 What's a Dremel?

I'm Jessica, and I know already that this project isn't going to be as good as what I've seen here. But I'm going to try my best and hopefully learn a lot on the way to finishing this mod. :D

This project will be called AriaTech. Reason why? Well here we have a lovely Aria I will mod so that it will blend into the living room of my future home. I guess you could call it my dream home or something of the like. It will be modern with warm tones. You know..."Contemporary, yet stylish." So, AriaTech is just a play on the word architechture.

The AriaTech mod will most likely take some time to do, since this month I will be moving. I'm not sure if I'll have much time to mod, but I'll try to when I get spare time. By posting this thread I'm just letting everyone know that I'm still going to keep modding. It was a promise from me to a friend of mine who kindly gave this to me as a Christmas gift.

I do have a few plans already.

* The Aria will be a mid-end to high-end gaming rig for LAN's since I plan to attend MML this year.
    * After LAN's it will be placed in the living room as an HTPC / Gaming computer.
    * ATI All-In-Wonder 9800 Pro for the video card.
    * AMD Athlon 64 socket 939.
    * Corsair XMS in Dual Channel.
    * Water Cooled either internally or externally.

All I have at the moment are pictures of the stock case, since I am still in the stages of planning.

Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

sweet dude

Good luck, looks a great mod

- S

3. JessAlba452

Thanks! :thumb: I hope it turns out as well as I'm going to hope for or better!

4. (Ck)Vegeta

(Ck)Vegeta What's a Dremel?

good luck with thia Project iwill be keeping an eye on this.

what i would do tho in the back of the case is cut off the Stock Fan grill and get a Fan that matches the case and put the fan on the outside on the case instead of the inside. :)

[​IMG]

also some handles somewere on the case for easy carrying

5. JessAlba452

Oh yes, of course I'll be cutting out the stock fan grill. :D Hmm, the outside. Is there an advantage to placing the fan outside of the case rather than inside?

6. (Ck)Vegeta

(Ck)Vegeta What's a Dremel?

umm not really. im just looking at it for originality and saves alittle room inside the case.

you know you see alot of people with there fans inside there case you rarely see anyones case with a fan on the outside

7. JessAlba452

Ah, in this case (no pun intended) the fan outside wouldn't save much room since that area is where the PSU is, and the fan is inside of the PSU. Now if I placed the PSU outside, that'd be different. I might do that, but I'm not too sure depending on if it covers the I/O ports underneath.

8. themark

themark What's a Dremel?

Uhhh... Jessica is a girls name, but I suppose it's the thought that counts. Or lack thereof.

Jess, I followed your Vash mod on [H]ard Forum. Your build quality and attention to detail (especially paint) will keep me interested in what you're going to do with this one. I'm buying an Aria this weekend, but have to postpone modding it until time permits. Got a kitchen counter to finish first.

9. Emon

Emon What's a Dremel?

And Jessica Alba is a famous actress, and I doubt she does case modding on the side. Could be a guy fan is all.

10. themark

themark What's a Dremel?

The first 2 words of this thread... "I'm Jessica"

I thought that was pretty straightforward :rolleyes:

11. gongzero

gongzero What's a Dremel?

A girl! OMGHi2U! :eeek: :p

Good luck with this.

If you plan on using your Aria as both a gaming rig and an HTPC I'd suggest skipping the AIW version and just getting a normal 9800Pro. Get a Hauppauge PVR-150 instead for EPG/PVR duties to save yourself some CPU cycles and have access to much better PQ and software.

Also, remember that generally an OC'd gaming rig is the antithesis of stable, often underclocked HTPCs.

I'd be interested in seeing where you plan on installing the WC gear if you decide to go internal, as you stated might be an option. Sounds like you've got some cool ideas!

12. GigantoR

GigantoR What's a Dremel?

Hmm, you going with a PCI-E 9800 pro? I would grab a 6600 GT or an X800XL instead. Both are fairly inexpensive for the performance they provide.