1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Razer announces Lancehead wired, wireless gaming mice

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 28 Apr 2017.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

The wireless Lancehead, meanwhile, is billed as arriving in late May or early June priced at £139.99.

:hehe:

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

It'd go well with that £70 mousemat from t'other day, eh? Add on a top-end mechanical keyboard and you're at, what, £400 just for your peripherals?

4. Vault-Tec

Lunacy. Just sheer lunacy. It doesn't even come with any spare switches, which seem to be Razer's biggest folly.

Back in 2002ish I bought a HP lazer mouse. I went to my mother's house the other day and there it was. All of the skid plates had worn away, all of the skid plate housings (you know those channels they sit in?) were gone and the bottom of the mouse looked like it had been on a sander. Before throwing it in the bin I decided to test it. Yup, still worked perfectly.

Since then I have been through a good 20 mice. As I have mentioned before, one of my favourite pastimes is reading build logs so I go hard on the scroll wheel. Let's just say that here I am about £400 later and have gone through several mice.

If £139 bought you a mouse that would last ten years I would buy it. Sadly they struggle to last ten minutes, regardless of who you buy from. Could've sworn I saw a review lately though where they included some spare switches? might have been smashed on my meds, might have even been here?

That's what you should get for £139. Literally every mechanical part that can break as a spare.

5. Gareth Halfacree

I'm using a Kensington SlimBlade trackball these days, purchased in August 2015. Aside from the scroll feature - which you activate by rotating the ball itself, interestingly - occasionally disappearing until I give it a good hard smack on the desk, it's done me proud so far.

6. Vault-Tec

Do you use a mouse too?

I had this pal in the USA who refused to use mice, so basically stocked up on trackballs (all the same) because he was worried that his would break and they would no longer be available. Aspies :hehe:

7. Gareth Halfacree

No, just a trackball. Haven't used a mouse in years - even my Amiga has a trackball! Over the years I went from a three-button Logitech TrackMan Optical to a Logitech TrackMan Wheel Optical to the wireless Logitech M570, then started to get twinges in my thumb so moved to a Kensington Orbit with Scroll Ring then when that broke and they were messing me about on the replacement picked up the Kensington SlimBlade which I've been using ever since. If that dies, I might splash out on an L-Trac - though dropping from four to two buttons would be a real pain.

8. Vault-Tec

I do need to get one at some point. A mate of mine has been coding a fruit machine emulator for around 17 years now. Any way, he's emulated some of the quiz/SWP video machines and some of them used trackballs in the arcade (Mating Game, Crystal Maze etc) so are impossible to play with a mouse. As an example one of the mini games is basically a dash type thing so you need to rev the trackball. You'd probably put your mouse through your monitor trying it with a mouse :D

9. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

After experiencing the massive disappointment that was the Mamba 2012, I'm never buying Razer again. Logitech G700s or Marathon mouse Cheesecake.

10. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

Been running a RAZER Lachesis since 2010 I got on sale on NewEgg for $70.

11. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I'm rocking a Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse, which must be 15 years old now. It just keeps on keepin' on :D