1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows URGENT: Security being compromised

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by ou7blaze, 27 Jul 2009.

1. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

So I'm still sitting here. I've done numerous scans, removed any P2P programs, removed utorrent, everything and anything that could possibly give me a virus/trojan/malware etc.

I've claned my PC up and it seems to be cleaner than when I bought it LOL, yet some how every now and then my internet will lag up a bit for about 10 seconds roughly. This btw is still not reformatted, the reason is that my friend (who will lend me the portable HDD) needs to back up his files as well so I can't borrow it just yet. :waah:

So is there anything you guys found from my HJT log? Or is there possibly any more information or logs I can post for you guys to help me further?

Thanks.

2. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

did you do all the anti-virus scans in safe mode like it was suggested ?

Also some viruse's write themselves to locations like system restore points etc so make sure that the scans included all system files and all hidden files and folders.

pretty basic I know but you seem to have done everything else except a re-install which you've already explained its impossible to do at present which is fair enough.

3. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Disable system restore, restart in safe mode, do all sorts of scans again (Spybot, Avira, Adaware, etc). Also, check in msconfig startup and also in registry HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Current Version/Run for anything, although your hjt log looks clean tbh.

Have you checked if your router has the capability of logging activity? Might be worth doing.

4. Moyo2k

Moyo2k AMD Fanboy

Good Luck M8 in solving this very sticky situation, but I hope this teaches you, I said the other day on a different post to do with a guys rig getting charged by lightning, it was a nice gaming rig and he hadn't invested in Surge Protection... Anti-Virus/Internet Security can be picked up for £15, its a worthwhile investment considering what could happen (this) if you don't do it. Some freeware scanners are brilliant but they simply can't compete with the real deal. I recommend McAfee for price, Norton for Ease of Use or Kapersky for Effectiveness.