1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Useless, useless city link

Discussion in 'General' started by omicron, 9 Mar 2011.

1. omicron

omicron Baud.

Gotta love em. Wasted half my day today, ordered a package with amazon's next day delivery and the ****** left a leaflet at a house that isn't even on my road.

How hard is it to find an address on a main road?
    I don't know why companies insist on using this joke of a courier, they've consistently failed me. It doesn't help that the depot is in the middle of effing nowhere either, so there's no way of getting to the place and collecting.

:wallbash:

2. niro

niro What's a Dremel?

did you complain to city link or amazon? May not make any difference but if such complaints build up then amazon may decide to drop them as a courier

3. omicron

omicron Baud.

It's hard enough getting through to amazon at the best of times, so I didn't, no.
    I did complain to city link though, fat lot of good that did. They're basically not fussed, at least the item in question will get redelivered though, so that's something.

4. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

haha, know the feeling squire. I called them and they needed me to phone the sender (another company, not amazon) to get authorisation that they could deliver it another day due to the pricing from said company. I told them to shove it and bung me onto their manager. Captain justasunhelpful was a nightmare of poor customer service and I just phoned the company I used up, said "Dude's look, they're outright rejects of the universe... can you use Royal Fail?" and hey presto, done >.<

Saying that my friend works for them... He's actually delivered alot of stuff to people who he knows and peeps have no issue with it! Some are good, some are bad.

5. Keith_UK

Keith_UK What's a Dremel?

Also had a bad experience with City Link here a few years ago. Its the fact that when you look up on the website with your tracking number and it says its on its way and you wait in all day and they dont turn up! Rang City Link up at 4pm and they said the driver left a card when in fact there was no card. Driver wrote "white door" as a description..... yeah I know what you are thinking white door now days can be one of millions of PVC doors! I was looking out for them all day too! Well at least I got it the next morning but wasted my one day off waiting for them!
    I think thats why Scan sacked them and now use DPD which text me the hour that my package is going to arrive, well thats when I paid for postage at least.
    My last post from them didnt get a tracking number or text it just turned up one morning. Probably because I didnt pay for postage or something? It was a RMA Scan warranty exchange new HDD the courrier just turned up one morning with my new HDD. Lucky I was in and quick enough to grab him before he left. Think he was Italian or something lol.

6. Omega Point

Omega Point Minimodder

Complain to Amazon online, it's very easy and that way they will know you had problems. Last time something I ordered from Amazon went to the wrong address (sent using Royal Mail Special Delivery) they refunded the delivery charge.

7. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

City Link are the worst ones I have had to deal with with regards to delivery (Spatial for sending but that's another story). I once had to make the terrible terrible trip to City Link's depot in Ilkeston, it was like a visit to the village of the damned, hidden down the end of one of the grottiest roads I have ever been down, the occupants of the warehouse shuffling around with a very vacant look to them and nothing in the way of speed and ugency, it was like a slow Left 4 Dead.

DPD have been nothing but fantastic when I have ordered things from Scan, I normally have things delivered to work now and everything has arrived early and in perfect condition.