1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding What do people think?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Is it a question.., 27 Feb 2005.

1. Is it a question..

Is it a question.. What's a Dremel?

Just wondering what people think? I built my comp myself from scratch, over time, and just shelled out on a tip top graphics card... just ran 3DMark 05 and got a score of 4567. None of my components are overclocked... but theres plenty of space for it!!! Looks great in the dark... sos but cant attach any pics yet. right the set up weve got is:
    Antec PLUSVIEW 1000AMG Case
    Antec Neopower 480w PSU
    Coolermaster 80mm Blue case fans x5
    Cobalt3's Pyramid V Temperature Sensitive Fan Controller Blue LED
    Coolermaster Copper heatsink and Aeroblower CPU Cooler
    Asus A7N8X Deluxe2 Mobo
    Akaasa Orange UV Day-glo rounded IDE/SATA/Floppy cables
    Akaasa 12" Cold-cathode UV x3
    Sunbeam Laser LED 1xUV(interal), 2xRed(front) and 1xBlue (interal)
    AMD XP Barton 3200
    Corsair 1GB DDR XMS3200XL Platinum TwinX (2x512MB)
    HIS Excalibur X800Pro IceQ II 256MB AGP VGA card
    Hercules GrandFortissimo III 7.1 sound card
    TDK veloCD 48/16/48 CD ReWriter
    Philips x8 DVD/RW
    Coolermaster Musketeer System Dynamics Detector drive
    Seagate Barracuda 120G SATA 8MB Cache (Primary Drive)
    Western Digital 30G IDE (Backup-old drive)
    Logitech MXLaser1000 Mouse
    Microsoft Natural Wireless keyboard
    Tragus Finger scanner
    Windows XP Pro
    :jawdrop:
    im waiting for a new HDD to replace my western one, gone for a 200G seagate SATA. Good choice? done a few mods to my case aswell... so what do people think of the setup then? and does it justify the 3Dmark score? cheers peeps, new to forums...

Last edited: 27 Feb 2005
  2. T-MINUS 10

T-MINUS 10 Banned

thats is a very nice specked pc and yes u have made a good choice for the hdd.

This should be in the HARDWARE AND OVERCLOCKING though. :thumb:

3. Is it a question..

oops... sos. on a learning curve

4. T-MINUS 10

T-MINUS 10 Banned

everyone make mistakes :thumb:

the mods will move it sooner or later. :thumb:

5. Springs

Springs Boing boing

how about a pic of the comp to impress us even more?

6. T-MINUS 10

T-MINUS 10 Banned

good idea. YEH, WE WANT PICS :D :D

7. Is it a question..

id love to put some pics up to tease you lot more but im a newcomer and dunno how to insert pics... help :duh:

8. Is it a question..

and i didnt think it needed to be in the hardware and overclocking section cuz none of the components are overclocked at all!!! but cheers anyways :waah:

9. Springs

Springs Boing boing

all u have to do is:

take the pictures - upload them to ur computer - go here and sign up for some picture hosting - upload your pics on there.. then copy the IMG tags text that is displayed below the uploaded pictures and copy them onto here... and they should show up..

10. Is it a question..

ill get right on it now!!! just another question as u seem to reply quick ( i like). how can i keep a track of all my thread replies and posts? cheers bud :thumb:

11. ajack

ajack rox

lt's hardware, thus hardware and overclocking :thumb:

12. Is it a question..

here you go people... pics are here
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    The front door open
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    took me a while to cut the pattern into the front using a cheap dremmel. sos havent got a nite pic of the front. but theres a twin red leds behind the grill.
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    side view
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    side door open
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    then the side in the dark
    sos bout the colours. trying to get my hands on a better cam as the uv dayglo cables arent coming through too well. and their real vibrant in real life!!! :rock:

13. Springs

Springs Boing boing

if you didnt select it on registration..

go to the "user CP" tab at the top of the screen then the "Edit Options" tab then go down to "Default Thread Subscription Mode" and read that..

if u set it to "instand Mail notification" it should send you a email when ever someone reaplies to a thread u either wrote or put a reply on..

edit: also how about a pic of the inside of the case with out the window to show a clearer view of the insides..

14. mediacoretex

mediacoretex What's a Dremel?

how is that Tragus Finger scanner i was thinking about buying one

15. Is it a question..

well i got it when it first came out a couple of years a go and i think their brilliant. their a bit of a pin in the £$£" when installing it into windows xp but a couple of tweaks and it works a treat again. you can basically log onto ur computer with it and never have to remember another password. it automatically remembers the website/password box and asks u to put ur finger on the scanner... and hey presto ur logged in with ur finger!!!

16. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Good specs, bad case. You've picked some really good colors that can compliment eachother very well, unforunately you've got it mixed up so badly right now that it almost looks like you were just putting stuff in all "willy nilly."

A good start would be to take those UV ccfl's and place one on the top of the door, and one on the bottom, just out of sight. Although the drive bezels are hidden, still paint them, as they will be exposed from time to time. With your three 40mm intake fans in the front bay you would be best off either taking the door off permanately, or cutting ducts in the front door for them. Another good aproach would be to fabricate a custom grill out of some speaker mesh to sit in there. If you're good enough, it could even follow the front of the bezel, and look almost natural. This would not only give better air flow, but would also provide another place for blue to leak out of your case.

The red LED's, although complimentary, do not look good where they are. You would be best suited to utilize them as a UFO effect under the case. You've got enough to do two LED's for each of the front two feet, and one LED for each of the back feet. If your case is not high enough from the ground, then make new feet that stick out to the side, maybe out of plexi.

As it stands right now, I would garbage the case and build a new one personally. Do something about the lights :thumb: But nice specs anyway.

17. Is it a question..

whoever the guy is above me... i appreciate ur opinion but hey i dont appreciate the put down!!! i aint seen ur pc, im sure its sweet, but if it wouldnt be then id go easy on it....
    it wouldnt bother me if ur points were actually correct... the reason the two uv tubes are on the bottom of the case and not on the door is cuz the door would never close then, even if modded!!! and what you think are 3x40mm front intake fans are actually the coolermaster muskeeter drive bay like i stated. they are analogue monitor dials not FANS!!! and as i also said, the pics are not of good quality especially not when it comes to showing the vivid orange cables and blue fans. coming to the red leds on the front, i like how they look and they do look actually very good where they are....its my pc case i like it and thats what the line is.

sos about that mate... long night, real bad hangover!!! is that a huge file server case? was looking at eventually changing case (dont get ur hopes up, for a while yet :D ) to a larger case cuz my last addition towards cooling would be watercooling and that wouldnt fit into this case. the front blue drive that you still think is a fan or hdd cooler, its not. it onl y shows temperature, power consumption and volume on dials (www.coolermaster.com product code : Musketeer LLC-U01). i have also played with the idea of moving the cathode tubes to the top and bottom of the side panel for a very long time, thought about it over and over and there is no concevable way to get em to fit!! cheers anyways

Last edited: 28 Feb 2005
  18. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Woah, easy boy. Wasn't coming down quite that harsh on you, merely pointing out some things that I saw as a room for improvement. You want to see my case?

[​IMG]

There, point and laugh for all I care.

The whole point of posting something you've done on a public forum is for critisim, not to get mad when somebody gives you some points of improvement.

Now I'm sorry if I came off a bit rude and upfront, I did not mean it that way, I was merely suggesting what I would do with it, thats it.

Calm down, gell with me.

[EDIT] In refferance to your other points:

First, it would be that hard to place each CCFL on the very top/bottom edge of the window and maybe smoke the plexi around the edge. Would look a treat.

Second, I've seen HDD coolers that looked identical to that with three 40's mounted with some blue LED's behind them. I'm sorry I offended you by mistaking something on your computer - I'm not perfect.

And lastly, I'm glad you like it, I like it too, but it definately needs improvement in my opinion.

Me == individual

You != me

{
    if (case($self) == good(IMO)) { /keep case-as-is }
    else { /disreguard responses(!$self) }
    }
    [/EDIT]

Last edited: 28 Feb 2005
  19. Mr.DMCA

Mr.DMCA What's a Dremel?

So not Gell'n....listen ta all dat yell'n....

Anyway both machines look nice to me. Now if we were talking about an aesthetic contest your both right, you both have work to do. Otherwise, for simple bragging rights.....start jaw'n cause both are allright... :hip:

20. Is it a question..

well put chief... spot on