1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where do you buy hardware?

Discussion in 'General' started by finboz, 9 Mar 2006.

1. finboz

finboz What's a Dremel?

can anyone recommend a good online supplier. i have just tried to buy a BenQ FP91G+ 19" TFT and some dvdr discs from ebuyer, the monitor is lost in the system and the discs delivered were cdrs :wallbash: meaning they failed to deliver anything that i ordered.

2. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

3. Ab$olut

Ab$olut What's a Dremel?

4. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

ebuyer are usually very good, quite rare for something like that to happen. But komplett and scan are probably the best for customer support, and they have very good prices too.

5. Bibby

Bibby What's a Dremel?

You must be one of the lucky ones to have formed that opinion. :hehe:

Their prices are keen and the choice is vast, but their service can be a bit hit and miss. :duh:

Komplett have always been good to me in the past.

Just a little story on service... I made a purchase from Anglian Internet on Monday. Very polite and helpful on the 'phone. Motherboard arrived Tuesday as promised, very well packed.

Unfortunately (after trialling and testing until one in the morning) it turned out to be faulty. I called them the next morning (Wednesday) to discuss it.

Incredibly helpful. I had a replacement motherboard tested by one of their engineers then sent out to me the same day, without having to await return of the faulty 'board. I did of course ship it back to them yesterday.

Today my 'board has arrived, again as promised, and works sweeter than a sweet thing.

Great customer service is getting rare these days. Companies like this will always keep my business as I'd rather deal with them than one that drags heels, even if their prices are lower. :thumb:

6. Wispa

Wispa What's a Dremel?

I get the majority of my hardware from Ebuyer, I must however agree with Bibby about the service being on the hit-and-miss side. They are usually pretty good and correct their bads asap (have been with me anyways)

I get my DVD media from UKDVDR, I get the Tuffdisc 8x DVD+R (100 tub) for £15. Mainly get them as they're "40 times more scratch resistant and 20 times more dust resistant than standard DVD media"

7. riggs

riggs ^_^

I used to buy my gear from overclockers.co.uk...but since I was kicked off their forum (stupid rules) I now buy all my stuff from scan.co.uk.

Plus, I've heard that OCuk are going downhill anyway (in terms of customer support etc.)

8. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

I know you guys wont agree, but i've always had good service from overclockers.co.uk :p I normally use that for one off high-performance parts and I use aria.co.uk for everything else they were really good when I took some stuff back that was 11 months old. Gave me a full exchange and everything :thumb:

9. grungedead

grungedead Minimodder

i buy from both aria and micro direct as they are on my doorstep in manchester.... as for online i only really get stuff from overclockers b grade cos its cheap as chips

10. chemo

chemo True Jungle Brother

ive only bought my current cpu new, the rest has been got from these forums :D

11. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

don't touch OCUK with a barge poll unless you want to risk extreme stress.

ebuyer send you random stuff but send you extra free stuff

scan is good :D

dabs.com is gooooood we always use to use them, their product info can be a bit rubbish though

12. Cheap Mod Wannabe

Cheap Mod Wannabe What's a Dremel?

Everything: Newegg.com

Very rarely: MicroCenter (NY, Garden City)

13. Shepps

Shepps Slacking off since 1986..

The forums / tekheads / ebuyer or ocuk sometimes. Every time i order from ocuk i feel dirty though :(

14. Mary Jo

Mary Jo oh lolz

overclockers.co.uk or dabs.co.uk, mainly.

15. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

I'm sure finboz appreciates those links, as long as you pay the shipping :)

16. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

Tekheads are great - It's run by very helpful people. Not the cheapest, but I'd rather give them my money than some other companies :)

17. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

18. plug_in_ross

plug_in_ross What's a Dremel?

How strange....when I bought my monitor from ebuyer it got lost as well, had to get a replacement eventually sent out to me! As for the rest of my hardware, ebuyer hasnt been a problem in delivery. So for a completely pointless tip, dont buy a monitor from ebuyer!

19. Cheap Mod Wannabe

Cheap Mod Wannabe What's a Dremel?

LOL I did not read the first post, just the title of the Thread which asked where do I buy stuff... so I replied honestly...

Sorry :hehe:

20. Hybr1d

Hybr1d Bаnned

I've had 3 monitors from there and they've been great. I use ebuyer, overclock.co.uk (not overclockers) and kustom PCs. All have been great to me.