1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where To Holiday On Your Own

Discussion in 'General' started by PHILIP1193, 20 Jul 2008.

1. PHILIP1193

PHILIP1193 a Self Confessed HP Server Lover!!

Now this isn't a get your tiny violin moment to play me a sad song while i give my own personal rendition of why im single and going on holiday by my self lol, but im after some advice on where i could go on holiday by my self.

Im looking to go some where hot and thats about it. I happily like sight seeing, but am quite happy sitting on a beach or go to a city maybe? The rest im open to idea's. Im looking to spend £500 - £600 for hotel and flights, but i have no idea where to go. Im hoping to go in the next month or two. BTW incase it makes any difference im 21 :cooldude:

Does any one have any suggestions?

Phil

2. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Amsterdam?

3. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Ibiza?
    John

4. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Canary islands?

5. Rich_13

Rich_13 What's a Dremel?

West coast of Turkey. (Bodrum is nice).. Sun, sea, sand and lots of history / sites.

Really you need to focus on what aspects you want from it.Ask your self: 'Do you want that party mood or a more laid back relaxing holiday.'

6. Steelez

Steelez Minimodder

If it were me (wish it was) I'd be off to somewhere like Rome. Big city with plenty of amenities and a whole lot of history to sink your teeth into.

*jealous*

7. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

America? ;)

8. getzephyr

getzephyr What's a Dremel?

Australia ?:hip:

9. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

just spend a week in london. it rocks

10. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

A week out in London may cost more than 500 quid, depending on what you want to eat and etc. But that would be a rather lavish week I suppose..

11. ArtificialHero

ArtificialHero We were just punking him sir!

lawl

12. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

13. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

Go to Interlaken in Switzerland. I'm hoping to go there next year, my Girlfriend went two years ago and a group of friends got back from there last week and it is absolutely beautiful and there are plenty of activities there. Great if you don't mind meeting new people or you just want to relax with beauty around you. You will probably have to camp if you want to do lots of activities.

If you can't get a cheap flight (to Zurich) you can get a train there or drive (~800 miles). Just a suggestion!

14. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

Hotel Vanessa, Kalamaki, Zakynthos.
    Call them up, ask for Fotis. He (or Dimitri) will pick you up from the airport in his "yellow Van of Death" (it's not that bad, honest) and everyone at the bar will make you feel super welcome.

45C most days this time of year, nice pool, Beach is 10min away, and there's the Rose & Crown opposite if you need to chat to a scottish couple...

Ninja Edit: http://www.hotelvanessa.gr/

15. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

All excellent suggestions, but really. There is only one place to go in your situation....

SKEGGY!!!
    [​IMG]
    Behold. The wonders of Skegness. I mean come on. They have a pier. What more could you ask for? :p

16. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

aww buddy, hugs for ya! milan? oddly enough if you can get to bristol i may be able to sell you a return flight ticket to milan for £30-40. it's for about 4 days at the end of august. not going anymore because of personal reasons. interested at all?

other wise, wherever you go should be good fun. just hook up in a youth hostel and chat to the people there. that's what i do and i usually end up making friends with a few of the other foreigners there and have good craic. hint hint, dublin is kick ass fun, but the drinks are pricey

17. naokaji

naokaji whatever

I'm from switzerland originally.. while I woudnt recommend going there (unless you want to go walk around in the mountains (dont do that in the summer though)) fly to basel, far better airport than zurich. mostly because its smaller, but it still got everything, it will save you an hour each way though.

If you do go and dont fear people you cant communicate with because they are dickheads (they often refuse to talk other languages even if they know them) go the french part, geneva is actually nice.
    Interlaken is sadly like a giant stereotypical souvenir shop and doesnt have much else.
    Bern, basel and zurich woudnt be a bd choice either.

18. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

19. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

you could always just start off in a direction and see what happens :)

20. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Interlaken has loads and loads of swiss army knives! I bought 4 victorinox blades from there, my favorite being the mini champ :D. they are my best fwends :)