1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who says our company doesn't know how to reward its employees

Discussion in 'General' started by yodasarmpit, 10 May 2005.

1. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Feeling undervalued in the work place, well at least you didn't get this in your inbox today.
    I thought it was a joke, apparently it's not.

Let the good times roll

2. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

omg £10!!!! That buy you a lot (maybe 2) fish and chips Brett.

3. rK@NE

rK@NE Rover's gonna get it...

:duh:

Didn't get that but I found out today that my employers aren't paying out bonuses this year so I won't be recieving my annual bonus (£4,000) :(

I'm totally gutted :(

4. Lithium

Lithium super spunk

Yeah I thought it was a bit of a pi$$ take too...Deleted straight away. Bloody cheek of it after all the hard work we do on bit-tech...I mean Sky all day :worried:

5. mushky

mushky gimme snails

It's better than the £2 bottle of Cava brut that we got as an xmas bonus off the MD a couple of years ago. He really was as tight as they come.

Thankfully he's gone now + my salary has risen by about 35% in the 10 months since he has left :D

6. Dodge

Dodge What's a Dremel?

they scrapped our bonus scheeme a few years back now. so if i sit there and do nothing theres nothing different to if i do lots of work. not even a thankyou :blah:

7. Spiral Architect

Spiral Architect Cooked on Phonics

I bet that really inspires you to work! I bet the management get some crazy bonuses too.

8. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

Think yourselves lucky that you even get a bonus. The last one I had must have been about 7 years ago at xmas and guess what it was?

a £5 morrisons voucher, which may I ad had ran out in the previous month (november). And to make matters worse at the time we shopped at Safeways!!!!

9. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

From everyone here at bit-tech..I mean the office, a deep thank you for all the hard work.

10. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Heh, last place I worked for, the only "incentives" we got were pens, bit's of paper, and the continual fear of being yelled at for absolutely no reason.

Thankfully though I'm now working for one of the busiest courier's in north america. I'm getting paid to work out and be outside basically ;) (I'm a bike courier)

11. the1maxim

the1maxim What's a Dremel?

One year I got a PS2 and $2000 as my Christmas bonus from work. The next year no Christmas bonus and the quarterly bonuses we're scrapped so I quit. Not mentioning which company it is, but they made 26 Billion Dollars last year. Cheap cheap people. (I was being nice there.....I really wanted to curse them.)

12. pumpman

pumpman Minimodder

26 billion nope i cant think who it is go on tell us :)
    btw how is the weather in Orlando :) im hopefully going to be back there this year for a holiday again

13. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Very nice! I'm the Daily Echo deliverer of the month for my area and I got...you guessed it...a £10 voucher. Hmmm, I'm on par with Sky engineers ;)

<A88>

14. monkeyville

monkeyville Evilish Monkey ++;

Used to work for John Lewis a while back and they gave an average bonus of about 10% of your entire yearly wage every april which was awesome.

15. warrmr

warrmr What's a Dremel?

well for kitchen employee of the year (2004) i got a shiney certificate a box of chocs and thats it. then my girlfreind got employee of the year (bar) and overall employee of the year she got 2 boxes of chocs and a bottle of lancen black lable ( the only champaign i like. ) altho i would like to try the new champaign that £175 a bottle that we have started stocking.

16. GMan

GMan Minimodder

Companies are all about the bottom line nowadays. Mine gave me cookie instead of a pay raise.....they couldn't spare any of the 8 Billion net profit they had last year because they apparently spent it all paying the severance package for our last CEO :wallbash:

17. pumpman

pumpman Minimodder

what annoys me is there are companies out there who are only big because they exist and economies of scale
    i hope to see companies who treat their staff well, get good work out of their workers and give excellent service that will be a rich compnay in time

18. Silence

Silence What's a Dremel?

I remember getting a Christmas bonus one year when i used to work for Dixons.

Actually I don't, the manager at the time stole it. The manager who was earning approximately 20k more than me stole my £35 of Dixons vouchers.

He didn't last much longer as the manager, before he was 'reloacated'. To the dole queue it seems.

19. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

I won £30 worth of highstreet vouchers at work :D

20. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Nah, they're not included in this, just us lot in the office.
    The guys out in the field are actually on quite a good bonus scheme.