1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Win xp audio wont work?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by total zombie, 16 Nov 2012.

1. total zombie

total zombie What's a Dremel?

hi, i posted about a problem a few weeks ago that turned out to be with ms security essentials, i fixed that, but since then my audio [ on board ] refuses to work ive tried old drivers new drivers, graphics drivers , chipset drivers, ive looked about on the old web but nothing really seems to fit my prob, theres no driver conflicts, etc, the audio device does not show up, im getting fed up with this thing, and considering reinstalling again, [thats what i did before these probs], any had these issues?:wallbash:

2. Deders

Deders Modder

Just to be sure, It is enabled in the bios?

3. sheninat0r

sheninat0r What's a Dremel?

If the audio device doesn't show up at all in Device Manager, then Deders is probably right; double check your BIOS settings. If it's not that, then I would probably say it's busted...

4. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

If it does show up in device manager, it's probably a driver problem. In that case I can highly recommend the driver packs here: http://driverpacks.net/

Every time I've had a driver problem, those drivers have eventually solved the issue. It's pretty amazing to be honest. Particularly onboard audio drivers are problematic -- those packs solve all the problems.

Just download the newest "audio A" pack for XP, open it up (in 7-Zip or WinRAR or whatever you prefer), and extract the folder you believe is correct (the filenames are pretty short due to technical reasons). Then choose "Update driver" for the correct device in Device Manager and point the wizard to the folder you extracted.

5. total zombie

total zombie What's a Dremel?

yep it is enabled, i was thinking il try a linux live disc, see if the audio works there,
    i was also considering far back system restore, to see what that does, because it was working fine, until i had problems with security essentials.