1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winamp Remote

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by macroman, 19 Nov 2003.

1. macroman

macroman The One

2. Meblin

Meblin Supposed IR God!

:waah: :waah: :waah:

Looks good but like you say it only allows you to use Winamp out the box. There are other programs that can give you more control (uICE, Girder - Free). The remote comes with 35 inputs so you could use this in conjuction with different software to enable you to control more things.

I have used Winlirc with uICE very sucssefully with my units I build and I know Girder works well but is a little harder to set up.

One downside of winlirc is that you must train the remote and program all the buttons separatly. There is a feature in uICE and Girder to bypass all this stuff (a bit any way).

The other software you can use is LCDC which will allow yo to display lots of stuff on your LCD (Matrix Orbitals) and has a very easy to use IR plugin that Mat-d-Rat developed on recieving one of my units.

One other coment is that the IR sensor is in a very large box. Does it realy need to be that large? My early models didn't use a fly lead and work very well as samellis will verify.

Meblin

3. phaSe

phaSe What's a Dremel?

i have one of them! But mine is much more useful....

I use Girder, you will need the Igor plugin, i believe, to get it to work with the Packard Bell remote.

I also use a Playstation2 mini remote instead of the one supplied, and have set one of the buttons on the remote to switch between different program controls.

All in all, its very useful! But a bit more effort than just using what is in the box.....

RoB

4. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

ummm, lol, is this a retro remote.

Ive got one that came with my dads 1995 p75 packard bell ;D

hardly advancing in 8 yrs are we.

+ the ATI remote bob thing is imho much better (its rf after all)
    and ive got both so its a fiar comparison. (and its only around ~20 from ebuyer

5. Mat-d-Rat

Mat-d-Rat Drive it to the edge baby

Good price though! Love to know it it worked directly with the LCDC plugin as I'm sure a few MO users in the states would probably buy one.

6. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

Not bad. I stand by my IRMan though. More expensive, and only for the actual receiver, but it works with great range, and angle, and with any remote control you care to try. I use it with IRAssisstant in Windows for any app I care to configure, and with XMMS in Slackware Linux with the supplied Plugin. :D

7. 0111

0111 What's a Dremel?

IRMan! I've been using one for over 2 years. I use it only with winamp but you can get other programs for use with it. It can use any remote, I use my VCR remote. It is very sensitive, that is to say it picks up signals almost too well; no need to aim :hehe: (not like the VCR the remote is for, I must point at)

8. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

Welcome to the forums 0111.

(ive always wanted to say that, but people always beat me to it) :eek:

Tags: Add Tags