1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware AMD's Athlon X2 7750 & 7550 CPUs

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 15 Dec 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

Might consider these for a cheap upgrade for the 4600+ X2. Would be a great improvement.

Last edited: 15 Dec 2008
  3. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Not a bad update, still waiting for Phenom IIs...

4. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

I guess by looking at the test results I shouldn't bother replacing my 6000+

I just wish I could OC more than 3.2ghz stable :(

5. djDEATH

djDEATH Habari gani?

might pick one of these up if less than £70, would be a good stable upgrade to the often flaky 2.7ghz overclock i get out of my 4200

6. Primoz

Primoz What's a Dremel?

Bindi edit: Fixed typo thx

7. roadie

roadie What's a Dremel?

Will be a better CPU when/if they release it on 45nm. The power consumption really needs work.

8. Gremlin

Gremlin What's a Dremel?

It's awesome to see amd catch up a little

But wait til the 45nm k10.5 dual core athlons come out in june, if the phenom ii lives up to the hype surrounding ocing so well just imagine what that dual core should really do!

7ghz+ on ln2 and 5ghz on good air or water cooling could be possible going by how well dual cores oc compared to quad's!

Of course its all speculation but if you do take into account that the phenom ii can hit 4ghz on air and 6 on ln2 and dual's usually get higher and have a lower tdp then its possible i think once the process gets more refined and maybe after a stepping or 2

Correct me if im wrong, im sure the bit tech boys are happily overclocking the phenom ii as we speak ;)

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I killed our M3A79-T this morning :(:(:(:(:(

10. Tim S

Tim S OG

Rich was swearing while we all just enjoyed the smell of burned silicon. It goes quite well with morning coffee btw... :p

11. Gremlin

Gremlin What's a Dremel?

Rofl, well done! I love the smell of burnt silicon in the morning, smells like vic... Wait wut?

But seriously how on earth did you manage to kill it? Did the mosfets decide to martyr themselves to the tech gods as expected going by thier past history of doing so, or did you just **** it up haha

12. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

Pics or it didn't happen. :p

13. Lestr

Lestr What's a Dremel?

Very good RELEVANT review. Might have been nice to see an E8200 in there but to their credit Bit-Tech chose NOT to include i7 and loaded with upperend quads - either Intel or AMD. Some reviewers chose to "stack the deck" so the 5050/7750e WOULD most assuredly come out on bottom. To me that is a smear, not a review regardless of their "feigned conclusion." KInda like being surprised when an elephant steps on a grape.. it gets SQUASHED??! i7 flooded the review sites over a week ago.. so the 7750e is a shock to them? The 7750/7550/5050e's are "pedestrian".... remember who pays the bills for bleeding tech to even exist.

Other comments include X2 NOT PII?? Well... isn't PII supposed to be 45nm?? In "Intelese" this could be best termed a "tock".. with the early release of what TO expect (hopefully) when the true PII's hit the market. With luck we'll see 45mn/45W P2 parts and more P3/4 65W as well. It IS a step up... and a nice SOHO/HTPC chip. Better NOW than LATER... I, for one, appreciate relevance. In that vein, thanks SO MUCH for the Minix review... neither are bleeding edge... which I am extremely tired of. High tech gets everyone's attention... while mainstream has to beg for a few offerings. It's about time for the other 90% of the readers to have something worthwhile to read. Thanks again. Keep up the good relevant reviews. Some of us out here really appreciate it.

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

No :( I turned it off last night, turned it on this morning and in between it got poorly and something burnt out.

Absolutely. SOHO it has enough power to do most things well and HTPC, despite it being 89W (high power) the HT3 is better suited to providing better bandwidth for a better HQV/HDHQV score (so says AMD) versus the K8 CPUs.

15. Gremlin

Gremlin What's a Dremel?

Not good at all :(

How old was the board? maybe it just finally gave up after too many overclocks, but really its strange for sure that it'd just die out of nowhere like that

if it was in the middle of an epic 4GHZ+ OC stressing the GPU & CPU to their limit during a torture test then i'd understand it, but just being turned on does not bode well for sure

i just hope i dont kill my Gigabyte MA780GPM-DS2H when i grab a phenom II and play around with OCing it , fair enough i dont expect high clocks since its lacking a SB750 but still 3.5GHZ+ 24/7 stable under a true or hyper 212 and ill be happy :)

16. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Is this coming to 939?.... Nope damn.

17. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

939 was phased out in 2006 :p AM2+ will be gradually phased out next year even.

18. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

I know, I've been trying to find a decently priced dual core to spice up my desktop as its a bit old now. I guess I will just have to save up for a whole new rig.

19. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Have a look on ebay or some local second hard computer parts shops, that how i ended up upgrading my 939 htpc.

20. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

eBay doesn't have a local site in NZ have been looking on the second hand sites etc, but they only come up cheaply occasionally.

Tags: Add Tags