1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Antec 1200 vanilla case fans

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by benji2412, 25 Nov 2010.

1. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

Here's a decent question:

Just how good are the standard case fans you get with the Antec 1200? I've not exactly got hardware you can cook with and I'm going to upgrade soon to Sandy Bridge if it's half decent (so it should also be cooler) but I want to keep them if they're any good rather than replace with others. I can't find a comparison of them with other market fans anywhere!

2. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

For reference, they're Antec Tri-Cools. Not great, but not too bad. I've never had any problems with them all on low.

3. benji2412

Well I've got the Titan Fenrir Evo CPU cooler so my temps never wander above 40 C which is a bonus and the GPU fans never seem to spin up either. I might stick with them for now, but what's a decent replacement for all three without spending a fortune?

4. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

Personally, I'd probably pick the Phobya G-Silents here, but they're out of stock. Red LEDs, move a fair chunk of air, pretty darn quiet.

The standard recommendation for standard fans are Sharkoon's Silent Eagle 1000rpm fans, while for radiator-fitted fans, it's Scythe's Gentle Typhoon. But they're a bit pricier, IIRC.

5. benji2412

Those look beautiful, I thought the price was £23 for one then as well :p Good job my deutsch is good enough to read the rest!

And red LEDs, you know me too well ;)

6. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I can vouch for the Phobya's, they're good fans :) The LEDs aren't too bright too, a nice warm glow :)

benji2412 likes this.
  7. benji2412

What power connections do they have? I've got a Kame Master controller so I'd prefer it if they're not powered by molex or I'll have to mod them a little.....

8. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Standard 3pin connectors.