1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Armed Robbers Steal Two Xbox 360s

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 22 Nov 2005.

1. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Yeah, everyone is selling their filled preorder system on ebay right now, like 12000 available, going for about twice MSRP. What a killing to be made... and to think MS is *losing* money on every console sold. Suckers.

2. LoneArchon

LoneArchon What's a Dremel?

I can predict the same thing for the PS3 when it comes out may I sould go and stock pile preorder an then put them on ebay for twice the going rate. But that is just dumb to go an just steal two consoles

3. KriTip

KriTip What's a Dremel?

Thats a rather stupid thing to be doing, why on Earth would some steal two and nothing else like money? Very odd!

On another note:

I've seen loads of others offer corrections to articles, so i thought i should mention that the title states:

As the story only reports of one person, shouldn't it be:

or something along those lines anyway.

4. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

if he was smart he woulda found out what truck would be carrying the stores shipment, then steal the truck when nobodys looking. it would have been far more effective.

5. valium

valium What's a Dremel?

Being somewhat knowledgable about trucks (my whole family earns a living off of them) most truckers now are in the event of a robbery to give up their truck and trailer without hesitation. Also most semi's have more than 1 system with GPS monitoring stuff like speed, location, etc. Not to mention trucks being damned impossible to drive, let alone outrun the police.

6. bennifer

bennifer What's a Dremel?

steal truck - empty truck of xboxes - run! lol...

7. Nature

Nature Minimodder

This is what happens if your cultures rich and poor are so far apart that the demand /supply for something is ridiculously overbalanced.

To me, I think this is a great accomplishment for Microsoft's Advertising/PR departments. Great marketing boys!

8. serial_

serial_ What's a Dremel?

Just because of this BS Xbox 360 hype i'm going to go buy a gamecube out of spite.

Zelda kicks Halo's butthole anyway. While i'm on that, Halo is overrated. For the console environment maybe it's cool, but I have to say it's PC for life. Consoles will never compare.

- serial_

9. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

About a week or two ago I ran across a guy at Sharka that took one of those new X-Boxes apart and did some serious modding with it. They unsoldered the GPU from the board and resoldered a better one on. They also watercooled the box if you can believe that. :jawdrop: The thief was just in the wrong place when he could have gone to Mojave and gotten a real whiz-bang setup. :D

10. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

Watercooling I can believe, but there is no way on earth they managed to find (or make :hehe: ) a "better" GPU that was compatible with the Xbox 360, and fit it and get it working within days (or hours) of release. Sorry, but you'd have to be a fool to believe that.

11. Nature

Nature Minimodder

"Word"

12. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

qft, i've seen a watercooled xbox1 but theres no way they replaced the gpu because its far more than jsut a gpu, it acts as a northbridge in the xbox 360 :p

13. adam197

adam197 What's a Dremel?

14. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

I think I would probably do the same if I was rich, but I would pay somone else to que up for me :naughty:

Don't you just love smashing things, I remember when me and my mate were about 14 and his Amiga 500 had just died, so I threw it out of the first flaw window then we got to work on it with a pick axe and sledge hammer, once we were done with those it was time for the meths, we poured a bit too much on though :D......

My mate lost half an eyebrow and singed a bit o hair :hehe:

Why are these people so desparate, wait until after Crimbo and theyl be giving them away with every box of Cheerios :duh:

Tags: Add Tags