1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Best office mice and keyboards

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mr-IK, 11 Nov 2008.

1. Mr-IK

Mr-IK Minimodder

Hi all

Im currently working on some hardware upgrades around the office and would like to hear what you would recommend keyboard and mice wise.

The programs used around the office are Adobe CS3 programs and AutoCAD which means alot of people dont really care about more than 3 buttons on their mouse, although 5 would be a bonus.

Furthermore I'm keen on getting mice _with_ wire and they must be optical (no laser plox) aswell.

So far, these are the products I'm down to:

Keyboard: IBM Preferred Pro USB Keyboard
    [​IMG]

Mouse: Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0
    [​IMG]

I'm just wondering if you have any recommendations cause i could've missed a few options :)

Greets Mr IK

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I use the IBM keyboard at work, very comfortable.

3. Mr-IK

Mr-IK Minimodder

I have one at home which im using with my media-center PC and it's solid and has a nice touch to it, so im pretty sure it would be a good purchase aswell. Im more worried about the mouse as its hard to find a really good optical non-gamer mouse with cord :S

4. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

microsoft comfort curve here, at first i just needed a new keyboard, so i went on a hunt for a semi decent yet cheap keyboard. So for £20 i ended up with this board.

It took a while to get use to due to the small curve that the keys follow, but i have yet to suffer fatigue from using it.

The MS IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 is an awesome mouse for pro's. I use a Logitech MX rev, as i wanted a good wireless mouse, but regret paying the price tag of £70, as soon as the reciept printed from the till i thought to myself 'you *****, what a waste!' £70 for a mouse!

£70 for a mouse that is semi comfortable, but the scroll wheel is very useful, as it can 'free spin' so one flick and it goes nuts allow effortless web page browsing.

5. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

MS Comfort Curve 2000 is my personal Fave... in combination with a Intellimouse of some ilk

6. Mr-IK

Mr-IK Minimodder

The comfort curve seems a bit radical, and im affraid the people here wouldn't fancy it too much as theyre not very handy with computers. Thats why im primarily after something with a nice feel to it, yet affortable and decent built.

Thanks for the feedback so far.

7. steelblade

steelblade What's a Dremel?

http://www.scan.co.uk/Product.aspx?...+V2+Wired+Keyboard,+PS2,+Optical+Mouse,+Ivory

ive used this set up for ages now, bought it from a computer fair... mine came with a wrist rest thing on the front and its gr8... very comfy.. no signs of anything breaking yet - as Ive just put an order into scan im getting another set...

Pritty comfy, good quality build and cheap as chips.

I do 3D and photoshop most of the days too and cant fault them.

8. quack

quack Minimodder

What's wrong with laser mice?

9. mctigger

mctigger What's a Dremel?

I use an old IBM keyboard at work, I really want to throw it out the window....
    But im sure the new one's are comfortable to use!

10. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

11. RTT

RTT #parp

Apple keyboard and apple mighty mouse (wired)... :D

12. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

[RANT]
    Why TF is it near impossible to find a decent kb that's not black? :grr:

Reading the keys in slightly dim light is so much easier on a beige board.
    [/RANT]

13. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

What do you need AutoCAD for??? Where do you work???

I wish they made a number pad with the " ' - key on them, it'd make my job easyer

14. Yardstick

Yardstick What's a Dremel?

I've used an IntelliMouse Explorer 3 for about 5 years on my main system at home. Love it very comfortable, durable and reliable.

15. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

16. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

only if you're wierd. left hand on the keyboard, right hand on the mouse or numpad.

i use the apple alu keyboard and the microsoft natural mouse 6000 (the one shaped like a baseball).

fwiw, the mouse and kb in your first post are excellent, if you get that for everybody in your office i seriously doubt anybody will have any complaints.

Last edited: 12 Nov 2008
  17. Joosh

Joosh What's a Dremel?

What about that new Microsoft Mouse. Microsoft Arc, looks nice if you ask me. Wireless though, but if you're not gaming that shouldn't really matter?

18. crazybob

crazybob Voice of Reason

I'd suggest the Microsoft Natural Elite keyboard, particularly for any users who type a great deal. I noticed someone earlier in the thread suggesting the Natural 4000, but having tried both I'm much more impressed with the key-feel of the less expensive version. I'd also expect it to be a bit more durable, as it uses harder plastics and lacks the soft palm wrest.

19. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

I'd highly recommend the Slim Apple Keyboard, I've used a hell of a lot of keyboards and the Apple is hands down the finest instrument I've ever typed on... simply wonderful to use.