1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Bondo

Discussion in 'Modding' started by No.1 ND Student, 3 Jul 2005.

1. No.1 ND Student

No.1 ND Student Banned

Can anyone tell me where i can get this stuff from. Iv'e heard of it and seen people using it but never seen it to buy, iv'e just started a project and could use some thanks.

2. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

I don't think you can get them in the UK - but there are probably alternatives - and thanks for starting a great thread, useful for me too!

Polyfiller, not sure if its the same thing, but it could be!

3. infered101

infered101 What's a Dremel?

Autostores should sell the stuff. Bondo is just a brand now days. I think the patent for it fell or something so now other companys make it just different company names. Just look for auto body filler. That is all bondo is. Should be in a can of some sort with a tube of hardener and will be around paint and sandpaper in autoparts stores.

4. No.1 ND Student

No.1 ND Student Banned

do i need to be looking at different grades or owt like that, or just standard auto body filler

5. Mattt

Mattt Minimodder

head down to halfords they have what you require.

just make sure you get the thicker consistancy filler, because you can get paint style body filler as well as the bondo style. the paint type is only usefull for filling in smallish scratches.

6. padair

padair Inebriated

Isopon p38 is stuff you're looking for

7. No.1 ND Student

No.1 ND Student Banned

thanks for all input i have whatinfo i require im gonna go get me some and post a project log. Also does it matter what i apply it with

Last edited: 3 Jul 2005
  8. rewris

rewris What's a Dremel?

I was thinking of making this thread recently too. Good info. I wasn't sure on what to buy, now that I saw the suggestions I think I got the wrong stuff. I got home compound. It's like putty, kinda thick and dry. Not the easiest stuff to work with so I added a little bit of water to make it a little softer. The stuff I got doesn't come with any hardener or anything like that. I got it out in the sun for a day or so and its still soft :waah:

9. simosaurus

simosaurus What's a Dremel?

doesent putty take weeks and weeks to go hard?