1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Cheapest way to get Live

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sandys, 13 Nov 2009.

1. sandys

sandys Multimodder

I don't really game on 360 and have never seen the benefit of a Live subscription in the 4 years I had one but I'd like to enter a couple of online Forza tournaments over the next month as it might be a laugh but £35 is strong money for a couple of online match ups.

So what are my options, are they any free ways to get online for a month or so?

2. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Well you could buy a 1-month subscribtion.

Or you could create a new gamertag, that would give you a 1-month free trial but then everything you do on there will be separate from your main gamertag.

3. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Get someone else to pay

Well, if not ebay for the 48 trials etc would be enough depending on number of games you need to play

4. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Just buy a monthly subscription £5 a month and you can cancel it at any time :D

5. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

You can find places selling cards on-line for about £26.99 but that is about as cheap as you'll get at the moment.

Or you could still pay £34.99 at Play.com and get cashback with QuidCo (though they are currently out of stock).

6. Kai

Kai Princess

The cheapest bet, as others have said is to pay £5 online for 1 month.
    Or pinch as many of the 48 hour trials as you can off your friends, family, co-workers and use those...but WARNING! microsoft don't like people using these repeatedly (for obvious reasons) and could quite possibly ban you from live if you use too many.

The next cheapest price is if you buy cards in stores, Gamestation sell 3 month subscriptions for £14.99, which isn't too bad~

7. sandys

sandys Multimodder

I'd rather go with a code as it took me 4 years to remove my details from live gold last time mainly because I kept asking MS, they kept saying they had done it but the following year I would be charged again, then when I put false card details in as I couldn't remove card details via my xbox so they couldn't charge me again I got some not very nice emails.

So yup a code is best and I'm definately not putting my details on the system so don't think you can get the month code elsewhere but on xbox can you?

8. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

These guys do a month code for £6.99, a three month code for £12.59 and 12 months for £26.99.

9. Cabe6403

Cabe6403 Supreme Commander

If you go to sign up for live but keep selecting silver all the way to the end you get offered a 1 month free trial of Gold.

I got that then my second month only cost me £1 because I said I wanted to downgrade to silver.

Basically, two months of xbox live for £1

10. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

11. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

I used to buy the cards from Amazon...

12. miteoj

miteoj Forum Newbie

Nice find Cabe... When was the last time you tested this?

13. Cabe6403

Cabe6403 Supreme Commander

When I got my 360 in about June-ish though I heard about it last christmas and it was still up so I assume it's a year round thing.

There's no option or anything, you get a silver account and they upgrade you to gold for free for a month.

14. sandys

sandys Multimodder

I had no free offer of Live, I guess its because I already took up that offer a long time ago on my profile.

I've given up looking, none of the instant code places seem to have any, I think £30 to play my games online is a right rip off, considering as I'll only buy a game or two a year on this platform.

Thats me stuck in silver land experiencing only half the game I paid good money for :(

15. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

I think there is a limited amount of free gold trials built into the console, so people don't just keep creating a profile every month.

16. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

Ebay. I've picked up 12month cards for $22-$35.

17. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Yeah, use a code, When I had the original xbox on live they autorenew it after the 12 months was up because they had my card details. Took 6 months to get it cancelled even thought I didnt have a xbox in that 6 months. lol

48 hours trials do not give full gold access. They dont let you play ranked matches only unracked games, well not in Halo 3 anyway.