1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling D-Tek Fuzion v2 on SandyBridge

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fstr, 21 Jan 2011.

1. fstr

fstr What's a rotary tool?

I'm finally upgrading my rig from a C2D to SB. Currently my elaborate watercooling setup uses a D-Tek Fuzion v2 block with a 775 mounting plate.
    So if I want to continue to use the Fuzion, I would need a new mounting plate right? - reviewing the D-Tek site I see the Fuzion comes out with 775 mounting and an "universal" mounting for older chipsets. And then they have a pro setup for 1366. In theory the 1366 should work but it is sold out everywhere. And seems to have been sold out for some time based on comments over the web.
    Is the Fuzion still a viable option or is D-Tek dead? Should I look elsewhere for a new block (don't really want to but will if I need to).

So to summarize - is D-Tek still active and is the Fuzion still considered competent. And If yes - how do I bolt it onto my i5-2500k? And if no - what should I use instead?

2. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Could make your own mounting plates... And 1366 wont fit SB, you need 1156...