1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EA launches free games promotion with Dead Space

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 28 Mar 2014.

1. impar

impar Minimodder

Gretings!
    The last time I tried (around the launch time of DS3), no. It was still FUBARed.
    If uninstalling the game was an object I would have taken a hammer and smash it in little pieces with a crazy smile. Trying to play it is an exercise in patience and self-control.

2. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Try the D3D Overrider to force v-sync for this game. In many cases it works a lot better than the v-sync option provided by the games themselves. It used to be part of the Riva Tuner Suite but there are separate downloads out there. It does not require installation, just start it up before playing. Unfortunately I cannot find a copy as I am at work.

This tool has saved me a lot of headache relating to stuttering with pretty much all DX9 and Unreal Engine 3 games. Dead Space was among those iirc. Without the stuttering the controls are not great but bearable.

Seriously, D3D Overrider is great.

3. Paulg1971

Paulg1971 Minimodder

I've got the hard copy, couldn't be arsed digging it out so I've downloaded this version. Might actually play it now.

4. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I bought Dead Space in a Steam sale a while back for buttons, but only actually got round to playing it the other day. It's rubbish :D You know you're in trouble when the mouse control in the game's main menu is about as accurate as a drunk playing Pin the Tail on the Donkey. Once in the actual game, and past the unskippable intro cutscene, I discover that the camera controls are actually even worse than the menus. Yuck.

At least I didn't pay more than a couple of quid for it. Actually, thinking about it, I think it might have been from a Humble Bundle... Would have spewed if I'd paid even £5 for it, tbh.

Tags: Add Tags