1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant FaceF**K

Discussion in 'General' started by MrJay, 15 May 2011.

1. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Didn't you say you have never used facebook though?

I don't get what all the rage hate is about against FB. Does a job, works for lots of people - if it doesn't work for you, big whoop. Doesn't make someone a lesser person because he/she has found a use for it, like so many of you are insinuating they are!

2. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

Personally I don't hate Facebook. I hate the people that seems to treat it as the only lifeline of social interaction.

Sometimes it seems more socially acceptable to kill a hobo and eat his toenails than it is to not have a Facebook account. :rolleyes:

3. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I love facebook ... It's very useful to stalk girls I haven't seen in years

:hehe:

4. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

^^ True that.

5. The Toy

The Toy The Ticking Time-Bomb

I get spam e-mails, yet I choose to keep my e-mail account.

Why? Because overall, it's useful to me (although my e-mail account is becoming increasingly more obsolete thanks to Facebook).

Facebook is a great website. I don't think anyone is suggesting that the interaction it provides is in some way "better" than physically meeting up with friends in person, so ... yeah.

6. The Toy

The Toy The Ticking Time-Bomb

Beautiful! :hehe:

7. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

[​IMG]

As one of my favourite women says:

:lol:

8. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I don't but most of my friends do and they argue more over what was put on facebook than anything else. Banter that works face to face when you can read the other persons intentions through their body language does not always translate well when written down.

I don't care if someone uses face book or not. My friends and family use it but its not for me. Either are skinny jeans but I don't criticise anyone else for wearing them. ;)

9. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I can see why people use it to get in touch with old friends and so on.

I understand twitter far less, it's like peasants gossiping from the 17th century just on a larger scale.

10. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

Twitter < Facebook < having a beer in the pub with mates

Facebook is ok. It's the people who use/abuse it that are the annoying part. But then you can restrict seeing their nonsense. All is well again.

I like seeing the mini film/game/holiday/animal/youtube/pics/etc, reviews/status-updates from people I respect and will then join in and chat. Like the rest though, do I need to know Dawn has had her 17th child by the 6th father?

11. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Kinda feel like this as well. Everyone has at least one friend who spends too much time putting every minute of their day on facebook or talks absolute crap on it, just block them or remove from your feed.

Also, if anyone would feel like it, please like my very new page, I'm trying to get a permanent username for it but need lots more thumbs up before I can get that. Just go onto facebook and search for a page called "Unicorn Systems". It should come up. Thanks in advance :)

12. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

at least facebook allows for actual exchange of information, and people respond to each others points. Twitter is the real face of evil, somebody showed me a twitter feed that was literally 30 people taking turns shouting "everybody look at me!" "no, me!". Not ONE was responding to anything anybody else had to say, even if it was mildly lulzy or interesting.

13. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Someone agrees.

I have Facebook, I post amusing things on there daily that alot of people on there like. From sciencey wierdness to me just generally trolling someone. I do post a tad to much, but hey that isn't my problem really... I just have a laugh and it's dead simplez to stay in contact with friends, the planet wide :)

I don't get these people who spend night after night on it though... Honestly, Put some decent clothes on, get down the pub with some mates, have a few too many and recant to your friends your last victim success over the oppo gender! Lifes for living, not Facebook.

either way, OP... QQ some more ;)

14. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

I use twitter for broadcasting match updates. I use facebook for keeping in touch with friends from all around the world who I never get to see or communicate with otherwise.

These are merely tools.

15. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I have to wonder what so many people have done to have such a terrible Facebook experience. I added all of my friends so we have an easy way to contact each other and share our thoughts and information. All the ones who aren't good friends go into a group which I don't see status updates from and who also don't see mine. Sorted.

Classy! :thumb:

16. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I need to do some cleaning on my FB. I don't log in for 1 day and there are over 300+ new posts. You just know 90% of that is shite. Either from things I 'liked' or people sending messages from their phone complaing that they are bored waiting for a bus/train. FB is great at times to keep in touch but yeah...mine needs a good scrubbing.

17. GAVI

GAVI What's a Dremel?

Believe it or not, I never used FB or any social networking site for various reasons. First it just seemed like a way for people to share every irrelevant little detail of their lives with everyone and sure enough there's a lot of that on FB.

Another reason comes down to me being me: I can go ages without checking my emails even when I really should be checking them regularly so FB just seemed even more pointless to me.

Then there's also the amount of time people spend on FB though I suppose that's always up to the individual. I was amazed this year when I started uni at how many people would go into lab sessions and spend the first 10 minutes on FB.

Well needless to say pretty much all of my friends use FB and I've had to endure the constant "Get Facebook" bs but looks like things might be changing. Hopefully if they ever stop using it I'll be able to relish a nice "I told you" moment.

18. paulp

paulp What's a Dremel?

At first, I included all kinds of people that had interesting things to say on my Facebook. Then I said that I only want people who I know. Then I silenced most of the people who are talking mostly rubbish. Then I took off the email alerts. Now I only go in when I think about it which is maybe once a month or so. The next step is...

19. lamboman

lamboman What's a Dremel?

Of course, like most, I have Facebook. However, I'm another one who doesn't use it for anything worth it...truly the most pointless site in the world to be honest. If I need to contact someone, I can...well, anything else. How people can spend so much time on it, I don't know, considering that there is nothing to do!

Sent from my Desire HD

20. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Don't have FB, don't want it.
    Everybody around me has it and asks me to sign in too but I won't, I know I'm just too prone to 'checking my inbox' too much. I already have a dA account I check far too often, together with RPS and ofc BT that I check whole the time for new articles or posts.

Do not want!