1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Fallout TV series is in the works

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 6 Jul 2020.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

The Gamebryo(-evolved) Fallout games are fascinating to me. I picked up Fallout 3 pretty much the day it came out because at the time I needed a distraction... and played it on a PC without an internet connection so obviously had no patches. It never once crashed or did anything else weird, beyond one single quest which wouldn't complete when I finished it, but then randomly completed about 10 hours later while I was the other side of the map. When I bought the DLC (well, expansion discs) for it? Forced patches and game breaking bugs started cropping up.

That said, New Vegas was a horrible bug-strewn mess until the GotY edition (and even that really needs the fan fixes) as was 4. In fact, I've still not completed 4 because a quest bug hit and I a) don't want to console my way through a fix and b) can't be bothered any more.

If a TV show is "buggy" it tends to get cancelled immediately after the pilot - or the first season, if the first season is already completed. So time will tell on that front. And of course, something being successful doesn't necessarily mean it is high quality or good. Just popular. Again, time will tell.

Tags: Add Tags