1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News French PM Valls rules out public Wi-Fi ban

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 11 Dec 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Locknload

Locknload Jolly Good Egg

It seems that every terrorist attack is followed by a new privacy invasion policy by the incumbent governments?
    Am i being cynical?

Will GCHQ resources and surveillance expertise be provided to the French nation for free, or as a rentable asset?

I do watch with interest to our tax pounds being spent accordingly, and if we can recoup some of the cash that has leaked out of the public purse due to mass (state sponsored) corporation tax avoidance schemes and iffy off shore loopholes i would be most grateful.

3. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

No, you're not being cynical.

What's happening is that the population are scared and demanding the government "do something". Unfortunatly, doing anything meaningful about terrorism is really hard and takes a long time, but the scared people don't want to hear that, and so the government needs to be seen as taking action and this is the sort of thing they can do quickly and without spending much money.

The problem here isn't tyrannical governments trying to take away our freedoms so much as it is stupid citizens demanding that their government give them their illusion of security back and happy to give up their freedoms to get it. :wallbash:

4. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Adding bacon to the water supply would be far more effective.