1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Fujitsu unveils rugged RFID

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 8 Oct 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

Great another way to be tracked !

3. Cruelinios

Cruelinios EvE Addict

not necessarily, RFID works over extremely short distances. I can see the benefit medically, scanning a body area to reveal medical conditions etc and for other similar situations it will be useful, but in secure models RFID's encryption has already been cracked, so hopefully this can be applied to the 'next generation' of RFID.

4. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

better not borrow your bosses pants

5. TWeaK

TWeaK Guest

Wouldn't it be nice if the article included a paragraph or sentence explaining exactly what RFID is? I know Google/Wiki can tell me but I like my information summarised in one place.

6. jake9891

jake9891 Loves Internet Shopping

i agree with TWeaK, I had to look on wikipedia what exactly RFID stands for. Just to give other people idea, it stands for Radio-frequency identification, for more go to wiki or google ;)

@thehippoz: I LOLed ;)

7. fodder

fodder Minimodder

Oh great, no more free scrubs for doing the decorating in from my nurse friends :-(

8. B3CK

B3CK Minimodder

So could I use this to tag my dishes, so that I finally build a robot to clean and put up my dishes? I bet I could get the wife to go for that.
    Or tag my socks so I don't end up wearing a sports sock, and a normal sock at the same time?
    Or tag all my clothes so I don't have to waste time picking out what to wear, just have a preset option of outfits. (Colorblind, and a techie leaves my wardrobe messed up most days).

9. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

TWeak, if you can not open a new tab and type in RFID into the search bar you have larger issues, lol.

As far as the tech fine, the EU will limit abuses, though I am sure the US will abuse the hell out of it until someone sues for 40 billion dollars (which by that time will be enough to buy a doner kebap in Germany)

Yours in Tracking Kebaps Plasma,
    Star*Dagger

10. MonkeyTurnip

MonkeyTurnip What's a Dremel?

personally i can see the benifits from this, not just to track clothes but one step closer to checkout-less supermarkets etc, making RFID more ruggged is the future. for the tin hattists of you you can be tracked by your phone, credit/debit card use etc.

Tags: Add Tags