1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Hirai: Home will be worth the wait

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 22 Jul 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

So it's worth the wait for a game which appears to be almost exactly the same as Second Life?

3. freedom810

freedom810 Minimodder

I think it looks pretty sweet, the cinema thing sounds pretty cool.

4. BlackMage23

BlackMage23 RPG Loving Freak

Am I the only person that does not see what the fuss is all about. When Home comes out it is not gona make a load of people go "OMG I must have a PS3"

5. knuck

knuck Hate your face

you could actually be surprised. We, as enthusiasts/hardcoregamers, say the same thing every time a Sims game comes out but guess what, a crapload of people buy those games. The 40+yo market is bigger than we think

6. K.I.T.T.

K.I.T.T. Hasselhoff™ Inside

...funny isn't it how the new release date is set to fall in line with the massive Xbox 360 dashboard overhaul.

I think Home will probably be a really good thing and work just how everyone wants it to but its no going to make me go out and by a PS3 or even want one

7. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Not overly crazy about Home, had a go at Second Life before and couldn't see what the fuss was all about. I think Home will be a good distraction, say if a few friends were planning on playing a match of Warhawk but one buddy isn't online yet then the others would go play some virtual pool/bowling or just hang out at one friend's place to kill time.

I think I'm probably more interested in the game specific areas, probably some interesting stuff to check out there once game devs pump them out alongside their releases.

8. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

It's the other way around. Isn't it funny how MS is planning on overhauling their dashboard once the beta debuts this fall (crosses fingers).

Secondly, Home is not supposed to make you go out and buy a PS3 or else you're an idiot and don't know how to spend your money on a console. Home is supposed to add more reason for someone to want a PS3, but shouldn't be the reason to go out and buy one. Home (from what I've seen) is going to be neat and once it comes out all the people saying "Second Life clone" are going to see the advantages of leveraging the service not just for the social aspect, but for gaming as well. I personally don't see myself roaming the world of Home, but I still see it as an advantage of owning the console, so stopping your hating atleast until the service rolls out this Fall and you can see/experience it with your own eyes.

9. ParaHelix.org

ParaHelix.org What's a Dremel?

PC had this kind of stuff years ago, programs such as ActiveWorlds for PC has been around since the dawn og computer grahics and is still been developed. www.activeworlds.com

10. hodgy100

hodgy100 Minimodder

DAMN they are hyping this too much!!!!!!! it's good but if they dont keep the content flowing when it releases it will become boring, i hardly go on it now. only to check if there are updates.

apart from that home is turning out to be an excellent SERVICE :)

11. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

I thought Kaz left Sony...

I'm glad to hear he's still around... Genius... "RIDGE RACER"... The joke's old, but it gives me that nostalgic feeling every time.

12. Tomm

Tomm I also ride trials :¬)

What the hell is 'dinging'?

13. willowthewhite

willowthewhite Minimodder

I'm not to bothered about Home, But it's nice to see a company wanting to release something that works, rather than release a bug ridden product and patch it later

Tags: Add Tags