1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Intel blamed for Vista Capable antics

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 29 Feb 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. 1ad7

1ad7 What's a Dremel?

So here is the new food chain....
    Intel>Microsoft>Apple>Nvidia>AMD> Consumers... so we are the industry love slave now!
    I cant wait to see a intel based iphone running windows with onboard ati graphics.....

3. Cadillac Ferd

Cadillac Ferd What's a Dremel?

Wow... really...? ...He bought a Sony laptop?

I don't really understand what all the fuss is about, they said the machines could support Windows Vista and they do end of story. this whole mess makes just as much sense as someone who went out, consciously purchased an affordable Honda sedan then complained when it didn't drive like a Ferrari. The car drives just fine, is it really the car manufacturer's fault that other cars drive better?

4. rjkoneill

rjkoneill What's a Dremel?

may as well drag everybody into it

go on

5. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

I knew it, Microsoft aren't the bad guys!

6. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Don't see why this is a surprise... Microsoft dragged their heels over an x86-64 bit OS until Intel had got their 64-bit processors ready...

7. TreeDude

TreeDude What's a Dremel?

Man when I make a $2,100 purchase, I read the hell up on what I am buying. Anyone who spends that much on a laptop without doing a little bit of research, deserves an overpriced email machine.

8. naokaji

naokaji whatever

they are as evil or good as every company, they follow the money.

9. Faulk_Wulf

Faulk_Wulf Internet Addict

Yes but most people were lead to believe that "Vista Capable" would mean all the abilities that Vista had.
    Despite being an Intel fan I am disgusted by their childish behavior and lack of innovation at creating a new chipset for Vista.
    Its not like buying a Honda and expecting a Ferarri.
    It's like being told if you buy this Four Cylinder sedan, after Christmas you'll be able to upgrade to a V8--
    But that time rolls around and all they give you another Four Cylinder in a different package.

10. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

$2100 even in £ (1000) he must of got maga riped off (unless it was an tablet pc that Vista is pointless for them as Vista just suck them bats dry) or mega dumb for buying an laptop for that price and only haveing allready known poor onboard video card, all i see that is extra on that that put the price up is the built in mobile GPRS thing

11. ShredMachine

ShredMachine What's a Dremel?

I disagree completely with this lawsuit.

I accept a certain level of responsibility to inform customers of what they are buying in a clear way, however microsoft did exactly that and this information has been readily available since long before vista launched, and can be found on the vista website and on hundreds of websites. In my opinion, while the manufacturer has a responsibility to disclose all the information, microsoft have done this, and it is the consumers responsibility to look at that information.

Hell, I say make things more complicated and legally challenging to anyone who complains, it'd force people to do some ****ing thinking!

12. 1st time modder

1st time modder What's a Dremel?

VISTA all spec'd out should only be USED ON DESKTOPS!, laptops just dont have the power to keep it all running smoothly using hardware intensive programs. This should be told to the consumer, but in the end.... I live in America, and the mentality here is when something doesnt work the way its told it should.... break out the lawyers and sue instead of contacting sony and microsoft in a letter and having them help you. But money is the way of the world and people will try anything to get it for something they feel wrong'd them..... i would throw this out and require microsoft and sony to tell the consumers that desktops should be full vista compilant, laptops on the other hand vista runs..... not to the max.... use XP......

13. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Why can Compiz run on the 915 but Aero not?

Tags: Add Tags