1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Intel China's Modding Expo

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 22 May 2007.

1. greensabbath

greensabbath Got Wood?

Oh its not over, they still haven't come back. There's plenty of time for Sangaku to get further busted up.

2. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

well I hope it gets to you unharmed or in repairable condition

3. fungry

fungry What's a Dremel?

ahhhh i should've headed up north to attend the expo :(, i live only a couple hours south. Shanghai!! haha ^^, great place i must say. love it in fact.

And i'm planning to begin my project logs in the coming months as I only have one exam between now and then... which is on monday.

My to do list: purchase all the necessary stuff before i begin! But the pity side of things... i'm a student and hence I lack any financial support. No sponsorship :(... dont' know how to get anyways <<< maybe have to build reputation first. Parents gonna be stingy on how much to give me >_<

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Couple of hours? It's a 14 hour train ride from Shanghai to Beijing :|

5. fungry

fungry What's a Dremel?

haha ;) fly fly fly!~!!!

would we be seeing an expo like this in china ever again? cause i would be really interested!

6. Hugo.B

Hugo.B What's a Dremel?

That's something I'd like to know as well: how do you get sponsorship?

H.B.

7. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

You get sponsored by building up a reputation as a great modder who can deliver projects to time and budget. Being featured on the front pages of modding sites like Bit-Tech really help.

8. fungry

fungry What's a Dremel?

haha, yea thought so. Its a process. I kind of hope this even is some annual thing, then i would be excited. Not just that, it better be at a good time... May is the month of my horrid exams. Well atleast the first half of it. After those entrenching exams next year, I will be FREEEEEE, a 9 month gap.

9. greensabbath

greensabbath Got Wood?

I doubt this will be a yearly thing as it was an event to bring Intel into the Chinese market. It also must have cost them a fortune to do everything. I think some part of the event is still going on though if i'm not mistaken.

10. fungry

fungry What's a Dremel?

well as far as i'm concerned, Intel plays a rather big role in the Chinese computing industry. There core 2 duos are outrageously popular, specifically the e6300 and e6600. And yea, i agree, it must have cost them a load of money to get that kind of event rolling.

11. greensabbath

greensabbath Got Wood?

What I am hoping is that other countries follow suit and do a similar event. Modding is pretty worldwide anyway so it would make it even more so. That and then I'd get to see more countries form free (i hope) :D . It still wouldn't be as cool as the first time though.

12. fungry

fungry What's a Dremel?

haha i think there should be like some kind of modding tour. like how an artist (music artist) has a tour around the globe doing concerts at locations around the globe.

now that would be cool :), would be one heck of an experience.

13. dryrice

dryrice Zestious Knight

That even 3 years ago sure looked fun... Man i'm late to find this bit-tech website.

Tags: Add Tags