1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding kustom case handles on shuttle??

Discussion in 'Modding' started by funkymunky, 15 Aug 2004.

1. funkymunky

funkymunky Guest

pretty much as the title says, i want to put 2 black case handles on my pc, the only people that i can see that do a proper kit is kustom cases, but i was a bit worried about the bolts catching on the top of the cd-rom drive, i just want to know if theres actually enough clearance before i go out and buy this rather expensive handles.

thanks guys

2. funkymunky

funkymunky Guest

anybody????

3. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Could you give a link to the handles?

Aside from the MNPCtech ones which actually go into the case, most are just like a bent rod type thing that sticks out the top. If that's the case, the screws generally don't need much clearance. I don't have a shuttle or similar case to know how much clearance there is but I would think they'd fit.

4. ArmyAnt

ArmyAnt What's a Dremel?

Good lord, that ain't moddin'! Go down to your local hardware store and but droor pulls or handles. They have a huge selection. Then dremel the tips of the screws off so they are shorter.

5. Geqxon

Geqxon What's a Dremel?

Why buy 25 dollar handles if you can buy 2 dollar handles at the local DIY shop?

6. funkymunky

funkymunky Guest

because they come with supporting washers and loads of stuff to balance the load.. ive spent all this money on my computer and i dont want to spoil it with handles which are poorly made or arnt made for carrying weights like this. seem fair??

7. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Kinda, but I agree that they're overpriced going by what people have been saying. Washers do only cost like three cents.

8. funkymunky

funkymunky Guest

oh yeh ill definetly agree that there overpriced.
    but i wanna make sure that the handle isnt gonna fall off when im walking with my shuttle, cause the handle gave way because its not used to lifting stuff but for a kitchen cuboard or a drawer

9. McWarren

McWarren What's a Dremel?

Although it'll probably worry a lot of people on here, I'd like to say that I used a pair of kitchen drawer handles, and they supported my Vapochill rig pretty well. I should think that as long as you put a repair washer under the screws, a handle should be able to carry a shuttle.