1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Left 4 Dead Free play till midnight

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by DraigUK, 1 May 2009.

1. DraigUK

DraigUK Minimodder

Not sure if anyone else out there is like me, but I very rarely buy games without playing a demo or trial.

I missed L4D demo 1st time around but on steam now you get a chance to play until midnight free...

2. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

ah tomorrow my lan and this will be over :/ i guess most of us at the land have it already tho :D good game man you'll buy it after you try, if you like zombies and shot guns that is.

3. calico

calico What's a Dremel?

Absolutely worth the purchase, proper wholesome fun espicially with friends.

Cal.

4. DraigUK

DraigUK Minimodder

Thought I would give it a go...much fun ...if only in short bursts for me. Ok for a blast now and again. Decent discount of 40% on steam atm...worth it imo.

5. Digitalize-

Digitalize- What's a Dremel?

Yup, its £17 at the moment, not quite as good as the February discount, but definitely worth it.

6. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Downloading at the moment - 95% complete so I should play it for the first time shortly. :)

EDIT: I think its available to play until early tomorrow evening (BST) - it says its available for the next 20 hours.

7. Digitalize-

Its available until 11:59 tonight.

8. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

Played it for the first time tonight with 2 of my friends

As for how well it went, Valve just got 3x purchases from us :D

(semi relevant bit of info: when trying to find headsets i googled and found that the wired xbox360 controller + wired headset also functions as a USB hedset for windows!)

9. oasked

Just finished my session - great stuff although I only had time to play through the co-op once. :D

Not sure if I'll buy it or not, broke atm. :(

10. DraigUK

DraigUK Minimodder

I bought it for kicks.

I don't think it is as good as the hype. It is defintley worth the price though.

Seems like Half Life2 on speed a bit. Good fun, worth the discount asking price, but don't kid yourself it is anything more than fun for an hour or two session at a time.

I'll end up playing it for kicks when I want a quick blast, nothing more.

Still, definitley worth it at the discount price. Just don't go nuts at the hype.

11. Digitalize-

4 Player Co Op with Headsets is great fun, aslong as you dont get stuck, or play the same map over and over, could easily sit on this and play all 4 campaigns in one go (~5 Hours)

12. oasked

Guys, this still is free to play - at least it still works on my machine. According to Steam I have until 18:00 BST today.

Tags: