1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Mc Afee antivirus

Discussion in 'Software' started by coyote, 20 Jan 2006.

1. coyote

coyote What's a Dremel?

I have no idea where to put this question, so if it's in the wrong place, please move it.

All I want to know is, what do you think of Mc Afee antivirus software, that's all. I don't need an alternative, just your opinions on how good/bad the software is.

Thanks guys.

2. doryakov

doryakov What's a Dremel?

its good software , has some options like spyware , worms etc. i reccomend it.

3. Godboy_g

Godboy_g What's a Dremel?

We use it in our corporation. Personally I love it. It runs silently in the background, and doesn't tax the system at all. I even run it on my home PC. Fully recommend it.

4. Xenred

Xenred What's a Dremel?

Yeah ive got it and its fine, asks if applications should be granted internet access once and runs in the background. Had Norton Antivirus and that game me loads of problems, dont get any with mcafee

5. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I used to use McAfee, but past versions have been a bit sloppy in terms of programming (Auto-Update looking for a server that did no longer exist, fo instance), and comparative testing has found that it is not the best at catching viruses "in the wild" (although it has been getting better).

The best anti-virus software bar none are Kapersky, and NOD32. Not only are both very good at catching known viruses, but their heuristic algorythms are also remarkably good at detecting unknown viruses.

NOD32 has recently bested Kapersly for the first time (although it is always a neck-at-neck race between the two), and is known for having an incredibly small footprint and processor load. It is my A-V of choice, any time.

Anything is better than Norton Anti-Virus...

It is the wrong forum, btw; moving to Software. :)

6. kickarse

kickarse What's a Dremel?

Yeah if money were no option i'd go for NOD32 or Kaspersky

Norton, Mcafee, etc are hounds when it comes to system processes and are late usually with in the wild.

7. coyote

coyote What's a Dremel?

Sorry Nexxo, I did state at the beginning I wasn't sure I had put it in the correct forum. Thanks for moving it. :D

8. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

I love McAfee's AntiVirus and other domestic products (personal firewall). It integrates well and isn't bloated. The auto-updates work well too. :)

Tags: