1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MIC Problemo!!PLEASE HELP FAST!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by duggyb, 3 Apr 2005.

1. duggyb

duggyb What's a Dremel?

well i got my new system up and running all except a coupe things which are my onboard LAN and my MIC....we will adress the LAN problem later:p right now i would really like to get my MIC working for an upcoming LAN party

i have an ASUS P4P800SE motherboard(http://www.asus.com/products/mb/socket478/p4p800se/overview.htm)

the rest of my system specs can be located here(http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?p=910899#post910899)

alright well i can not seem to get my MIC working...i have the Soundmax Driver and it recognizes if i stick the MIC into the wrong port becuase it pops up saying i put the MIC in either the headphone jack or Line IN jack

so should i use a differnt driver??
    how can i fix this?
    PLEASE HELP!!!

THNX
    Duggy :dremel:

EDIT::Yes i know the MIC is working becuase it works on my dads Laptop

2. duggyb

duggyb What's a Dremel?

well i deleted SoundMax and am downloading AC '97 now....hopefully this solves the problem

3. padrejones2001

padrejones2001 Puppy Love

Let me alert the authorities as this is such an urgent thing.
    So you downloaded the drivers from here? If so, those should have worked. And now you're downloading drivers that aren't even for that sound device? My suggestion is stop over-reacting considering you probably downloaded the wrong driver or misconfigured it. Try the stuff from the link provided above.

4. duggyb

duggyb What's a Dremel?

problem was solved....for some odd reason it thinks my MIC is a Stero Array Microphone....all it is is just a Altec Lansing Headset....o well works now

THNX