1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Need advice on new genres/games to explore

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by SuperHans123, 25 Apr 2021.

1. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Left field suggestion: Hands of fate 2

Rogue-lite card / mini-skill games / 3rd person hack and slash.

It’s got a bit of fantasy setting with mythical creatures but it’s not overbearing.

I picked it up free on epic games last week. The intertwined story telling, along with unlocking through challenges is pretty enjoyable for me.

2. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Sunless Sea - Adrift in an ocean below the sight of the sun. Pretty slow paced RPG..tension grows from lack of fuel or some ship just attacking you out of the blue. Strange stories, really odd.

I've not finished it, but I have more than got my moneys worth. Such a simple, yet gripping game. Decent sound track too.

Shadowrun - There are 3 games on steam. Great cyberpunk feeling. Decent story. Turn-based battles (enjoyable not complex). Sorely passed over. These games really suck you in. They also have some fantastic fan based campaigns too.

Last edited: 9 May 2021
  3. satisfiedwimp

satisfiedwimp Minimodder

I tried Shadowrun 5e. It is really good. As an RPG and Fantasy lover, I recommend this one.

4. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I been having a blast lately. I WAS bored. I was relying on triple A publishers. I been delving into double A and lower and having a ****-pile of fun. The games are more work to find, but they are out there. You ain't sick of gaming, you are sick of corporate gaming.