1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(pictures+notes) My latest PC build

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dognosh, 2 Nov 2007.

1. dognosh

dognosh What's a Dremel?

firstly , thanks all for your help in the last week:hip:
    2ndly , excuse the mess:naughty:
    3rdly , wasn't sure where to post this as it is not a mod or project as such:confused:
    ============================================
    This "Project" is for those without Modding skills like me:rolleyes:
    I am good with software(I write it for a living) but am terrible with my hands:duh: (shame as I have very good imagination:hip:)
    Hardware/Software
    -------------------
    CoolerMaster Stacker 830 Evolution (Nvidia) spacious inside and love the design
    Asus P5N32-E SLi nForce 680 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard one of the few decent 680i Mboards out there
    XFX Nvidia 8800 Ultra (2 in SLI configuration) given to me as an early Xmas pressie by a friend:hip:
    Intel Core 2 Quad Pro Q6600 "Energy Efficient SLACR 95W Edition" 2.40GHz (1066FSB) - OEM read OC article here:thumb:
    Asus Arctic Square Processor Heatsink/Fan it was this or scythe infinity,again read article here:hip:
    Western Digital Raptor X 150GB 10000RPM SATA 16MB Cache - OEM fast fast fast:lol:
    OCZ 4GB (2 x 2GB) PC2-6400C4 800MHz Reaper HPC Enhanced Bandwidth Edition Dual Channel DDR2 decent speed and was on offer
    Asus DRW-1814BLT 18x18 DVD±RW Serial ATA Dual Layer Lightscribe ReWriter (Black) - Retail didn't want IDE cables so I got this
    lots of Scythe S-FLEX 1600RPM Ultra Quiet 120mm Fan erm, just fans:D
    1000 Watt PSU from PC World, £160:waah: (Jeantech Absolute) Had 4 Gcard power cables and is SLI certified
    Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit Edition DVD - OEM £70 only, versus £150 for retail version:jawdrop:
    Hardware donated from previous PC
    ----------------------------------
    Matrox TripleHead2Go I have had this for a year and still love it:hip:
    3 fast Viewsonic VX-922 monitors(I might be wrong on the numbers:D) they are ok but I do prefer the colours on my CRT
    Logitech G15 Keyboard Excellent Kboard with lots of Macro keys
    Optical mouse It's a mouse
    Medusa Surround headphones Average Surround Headphones

Motherboard(processor+heatsink) in tray, the HS was very easy to install on top of the processr and the tray also had a template for ease of installing the riser screws(the things that hold the MB off the tray)
    [​IMG]

excuse the out of focusness:( this was one of my gripes about the case, chocolate holding screws for the PCI cards, the rest I tightened carefully
    [​IMG]

Excellently strengthened MB Tray:thumb:
    [​IMG]

Tray, now with Gcards and RAM , also a small irritation(my tray or Gcards ? ) was that to get the last bit of the card in to the slot properly was nigh on impossible until I raised it's back a tad,then it slotted in easily:thumb:
    [​IMG]

PSU installed with it's internal fan pointing upwards, as case has an air vent for it to suck air in
    [​IMG]

not much room for other cards
    [​IMG]

2 Raptor X hard disks with their cloth case:rolleyes::D
    [​IMG]

Back of HD tray
    [​IMG]

Front of HD tray
    [​IMG]

Wheels with brakes on them:)
    [​IMG]

Final install, even though I have 2 Gcards, 2 hard disks and all the other stuff it looks very tidy without IDE cables:lol:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Vista installation was a breeze, over all very happy bunny here:brrr:
    =========================
    ooops , how did these get in here ?:jawdrop: (excuse the flies as my last 2 trips were to wales and cornwall:hip:)
    well I suppose they are allowed as it is hardware and it is Overclocked:D (Suzuki Hayabusa with Turbo:brrr:)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

sod the computer build, i want that bike!!

3. DaveVader

DaveVader Fast Action Response Team

sweet PC, sweet Bike

4. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Nice, shame you can't use all that RAM with the 32-bit version of Vista, but hey. :)

5. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

I Want your friends!

Actually,

6. Bill-

Bill- What's a Dremel?

Dognosh ya Toesser how are you ?