1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retro Red Alert 2! How can I multiplay???

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by greypilgers, 12 Sep 2011.

1. greypilgers

greypilgers What's a Dremel?

Hi all!

My brother in law has rediscovered Red Alert 2 on his Vista laptop and has convicned me to dig out my Vista laptop so we can multiplay. Thing is - I don't remember how to get this game to talk to each other so we can set up a game??? Does anyone know how we can get something going, please???

We both have Vista 32bit laptops working off of a wireless network
    We have a single copy of Red Alert 2 but I seem able to use the blue disc to play the game and him the red disc for skirmishes - is this ok to play multiplayer skirmishes with?
    I have scoured the interweb and there are several sites proclaiming to put a winsock32.dll into the Red Alert 2 folder, and/or download something called Hamachi, and other things, but none of the sites make much sense to me or explain themselves properly for a pleb like me, so I was wondering whether any of the Bit-Techers have any wisdom they might pass on???

As always, any and all help is much appreciated!

2. IronDoc

IronDoc What's a Dremel?

Can't help you with RA specifically, but Hamachi won't be any use to you. It's used to emulate a lan over the internet. So 2 people could play something over the internet but using the lan option instead of whatever the built in functionality is.
    I would assume there's just a an option for lan in the main menu.

3. nukeman8

nukeman8 What's a Dremel?

Theres a program called gameranger which i do believe will solve your problems. worth checking.

4. improprietary

improprietary FT03 is a bitch to watercool