1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storage slower DVD play speed after replacement

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by academica, 21 Nov 2010.

1. academica

academica What's a Dremel?

Hello all,

The optical drive NEC ND-6500A on my notebook Packard Bell EasyNote E4 manufactured Nov 2004 had to be replaced because of gradual deterioration of functions.

I replaced it with a TEAC DW-224E-R drive, which works well, but when I play a DVD-9 or DVD-5 movie, the playing speed is slower than normal - for 20 seconds playing time pass 30 seconds real time, the sound is slower and there is audible cracking.

Later I tried other optical drives (Read-only and RW) from SONY, HP, NEC and TEAC, but the result has always been the same. No problems, however with audio CDs and VCDs - the playing speed is normal.

I mounted the TEAC DW-224E-R back, uninstalled and updated the driver in the Device Manager, but to no avail. Windows says it cannot find a better driver and the device is working properly, but the playing speed of DVD-5 and DVD-9 is slower.

Has anyone got a solution to this problem? Does anyone know the possible reasons?