1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Small blue dots when playing Crysis 2

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DavidJGray, 26 Jul 2012.

1. DavidJGray

DavidJGray What's a Dremel?

Ok, so i have had problems with my graphics card where in just cause 2 there was issues with shaders, so i decided to test the another game to rule out it was just that one game, and when i loaded up crysis 2 and started playing i got loads of small blue dots in a square shape, maybe roughly 5dots x 5dots in size. Anyone had this problem?

2. aNuclearPidgeon

aNuclearPidgeon Minimodder

Sounds like a defective card. Try reseating the card back into its slot and if that doesn't sort out the problem RMA'ing it back to where ever you bought it from.

3. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Yup. Thats GPU memory throwing up errors, probably. Check the card, benchmark it with things like Furmark, and if the problem persists; send it back to the place you bought it for refund/replacement

4. DavidJGray

ill run furmark now to try

5. DavidJGray

I ran the burn in test, dunno how to tell if there's a problem though? no blue dots, the memory usage sat at 15% though and didnt change.

Last edited: 26 Jul 2012
  6. matt_lumley

matt_lumley You're only supposed to...

Make sure its maxing the settings, try BF3 on a decent setting while monitoring temps etc.

7. scott_chegg

scott_chegg Minimodder

Unfortunately furmark isn't a good test for memory. When I was overclocking my current card it could be fine for 4 hours in furmark but 30 minutes in bf3 would buckle it.

Try occt. That has a gpu memory test.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

8. DavidJGray

9. debs3759

debs3759 Was that a warranty I just broke?

I would try updating the card's BIOS before RMAing it (I had a very glitchy 570, which was fixed with an update). If that doesn't fixit, then to RMA it you will need to put it in the original box and use bubble wrap or foam to keep it safe inside the outer box. That way you are showing the seller that you take care of things, and will reduce the risk of damage while shipping.

10. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

You won't need to put it into the original box, it's preferable but not a requirement. As long as it's in a sturdy box full of bubble wrap, it should be fine and they'll have to accept it for RMA.

11. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Both of the above. Best one is if you can get it back in original box, in original wrapping, which is then inside a larger box filled with bubblewrap or similar, so there's no way on earth the company can claim it's been damaged in transit.

12. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

On top of that, I'd recommend taking a couple of decent quality photos of the card, front and back, with a piece of paper clearly stating the date, your name and the RMA number in the photos. Keep a copy and put a printout in the box as well. That'll ensure you don't get one of those mysterious RMA rejections where they find PCB damage you knew nothing about.

13. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

I wouldn't even add a printout to the box or even tell them. If they try it, then I'd crucify them. But then I'm the vindictive kind. ;)

Last edited: 27 Jul 2012
  14. jakobfrimmel

jakobfrimmel What's a Dremel?

before RMAing I would suggest
    1. new drivers
    2. flash bios
    3. RMA (y)