1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The striker extreme looks good, but is the IN9 32-Max better?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mother-Goose, 4 Mar 2007.

1. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

Just as the thread title says, which is the better one of the two? I've only ever really heard anything about the striker but the IN9 is similarly specced and priced.

It doesn't seem to have any of the cool features that the striker does (LCD, lights, on-board power buttons) but its got to be good to be priced against it, what am i missing? :sigh:

2. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

3. Mother-Goose

What I mean is from personal experiences/opinions, not just a quick spec review.

EDIT: I missed a paragraph when reading, so they are pretty similar in specs, so is it down to personal prefference?

EDIT 2: Bah my page navigation skills are shot today, cheers for the link :)

Last edited: 4 Mar 2007
  4. Siskodata

Siskodata What's a Dremel?

Mother-Gooser

What did you conclude from that review?

I think both boards look good at the moment. With Abit you get more useful staff then with Asus (WiFi, 2 SLI connectors, External CMOS switch, the brackets). Then performance wise looks like the Striker wins by a bit.

5. Mother-Goose

I think the marginal gains with the striker over the Abit's (usually) superior build quality and better reputation I will go for the slightly pricier IN9. I don't need wifi at the moment but when I move out I probably will, the buttons are a match for the Striker but I preffer the red LED's on the IN9 to the blue on the Striker. LCD vs Hex error display is interesting but I haven't seen any pics of the LCD messages generated so I cannot comment on that.

ABIT IN9 32-MAX it is I think :thumb: