Case Mod - In Progress Thermaltake View 71 Mod ("Paralleled")

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by jamesthebard, 29 May 2018.

1. jamesthebard

jamesthebard Too Much Time On My Hands

After taking a few stabs at a cohesive build, I figured it was time to breakdown a Tt View 71 and run what could possibly be called "too many tubes".

The plan:
    • Replace the front panel glass with a distro plate/reservoir that will handle all of the routing "logic" (also, thar might be cutting in store for the front...and the side...and the corner)
    • Place a second distro plate between the side-mounted radiator and the motherboard to handle a smidge of cable management and to change the angle of the run to...
    • Combine the connections from the CPU and the GPU into a single exit point to line-up with the middle plate
    view_71_image.jpg

The hardware:
    • Case: Thermaltake View 71
    • Motherboard: Gigabyte X399 Designare EX
    • CPU: AMD Threadripper 1950X (Barrowch block)
    • GPU: AMD Radeon Vega FE (Aquacomputer block)
    • RAM: 4x 8GB G.Skill Flare X 3200CL14
    Since it's a little bit into the build, the first plate is in for the front.

DSC01905_small.JPG
    DSC01906_small.JPG DSC01907_small.JPG DSC01908_small.JPG

Attached Files:

Maki role likes this.
  2. jamesthebard

jamesthebard Too Much Time On My Hands

So, the shipment from China arrived, packed full of goodies needed to move stuff from point A to B.

The good news is that the Barrowch X399 block came in. The machining looks good, base is flat, and is pretty attractive. The unfortunate part is that the mounting screws are made of aluminum and springs look like they'd be better suited for retractable ballpoint pens.

The bad news is that the "gray" pump top/cover is a decidedly "not gray" color. Not sure what I'll be using this for, but I think I'll use the EK X-TOP for this one instead.

I would take photos of the fittings, but...well, they're black and look a lot like the fittings in the previous post. Hopefully I'll be cutting the case this weekend to start getting things mounted.
    DSC01922_small.JPG

DSC01923_small.JPG