1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos trip out

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by wizzy2k5, 8 Nov 2007.

1. wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5 what???

I decided to go out and about the other day so i headed up to Newcastle and got some pics. Here are my favourite ones i like and want to know what everyone else thinks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. OleJ

OleJ Me!

I really like the light poles in the first one. They are beautifully exposed and the contrast against the sky is really good. The bridge is funny. It looks like a giant egg slicer (not your fault) :D
    The evening pic (last one) is nice. The lights are really good and the water in the foreground looks really good as well. I do feel that focus is a bit off though. Like it's on the water and not the bridge which akes me long for you to crop away the top 30% of the frame.

3. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

Yeah the last one there is great! Agree with Ole though, you could probably lose a bit off the top. :thumb:

4. wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5 what???

how much off the top? i know ole said about 30% but percentages mean nothing to me :( would you say about a good inch worth? also what about the bottom part? shall i crop some of that off aswell?

5. OleJ

OleJ Me!

It's immensely hard for anyone here to say how much you need to cut off in inches as your screen resolution along with screen dpi defines the size of the picture. In other words: It might be 6 inches on one monitor and 1 inch on another.
    Perhaps try cutting 1/3 if that helps you more than 30%.

;-)

Cheers!

6. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

FWIW, I agree there's too much (bland) sky in the last one.

I'd therefore suggest cropping it to the top of the bridge arch - such that the bridge will then become the [more obvious] centre of attention :idea:

7. OleJ

OleJ Me!

My suggestion was to cut into the arch of the bridge to have it reach outside the frame meanwhile obtaining a better centering of the nice night lights.

Tags: