1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Warhammer Online overcharges players

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 9 Apr 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Domestic_ginger

Domestic_ginger What's a Dremel?

Overdraft charges are stinkers. Definately know where they are coming from.

Rather than promising the money is going to be repaid; some better explaination on what exactly happened may be nice.

3. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

I was once charged 12 times of an expansion for a MMO because the pay button broke, and took me to an error page telling me to retry, but it actually worked. Imagine my suprise when I checked my bank account...

4. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

Bit of a bummer. I had a similar problem with my mobile phone provider a couple of years ago. Shouldn't be a problem getting money+costs incurred back, either from ea or through the bank, should that fail.

5. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

This is why people should use their credit cards.

6. salesman

salesman Minimodder

This is why I buy game cards, because I do not want them to have my banking information.

7. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

In most cases of this nature it shouldn't matter whether you used a credit or debit card. You should still be able to claim back the full amount + any charges incurred, without any problem with either your bank or ea. The only stipulation, of course, is that if you claim for extra charges incurred you need to provide proof.

8. TWeaK

TWeaK Minimodder

Actually, it's a bit little known but if you go into your overdraft you're covered by the consumer credit act anyway. Your overdraft is a form of credit, after all. You might have to pressure the bank a little to do it, but they're obliged to refund you the money the same way a credit card would.

9. kornedbeefy

kornedbeefy What's a Dremel?

Last edited: 9 Apr 2010
  10. kornedbeefy

kornedbeefy What's a Dremel?

World of Warcraft and Paypay made a change to their payment process a couple months ago. it used to work great. Well the change automatically charged my debit card without giving me the option to switch to credit card like I had done many times in the past.

Long story short it cost an overdraft and the bank charged me a $25 fee. The bank all but laughed in my face when I asked a refund stating websites were at fault.

Even sadder not one of the companies would step up and do the right thing and refund the $25. I contacted Blizzard and Paypal as well and they either passed the buck or just replied with some lame excuse of why they couldn't refund the money.

Last edited: 9 Apr 2010
  11. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

That sucks. I would keep on their backs and threaten to cancel your subscription. Even if they don't refund you the 25 bucks, they should at least credit it to your account.

12. Vash-HT

Vash-HT What's a Dremel?

This happened to me, I was overcharged 5 times over. Luckily this didn't cost me any overdraft fees, and they reversed teh charges within a day so it didn't end up being that big of a deal for me.

13. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

14. MonkeyTurnip

MonkeyTurnip What's a Dremel?

it should be easy to get the money back, people who have been over charged need to look at the date and time of all the transactions processed, ie if there is 5 transactions on the same second for the same amount to the same company, or with in a minute. i had a similar issues with the national lottery, they charged me 4 times in 4 seconds for the same amount, which put me over drawn. i contacted my bank ( i have a premium, paid for account) and they refunded my money plus charges then persued the national lottery to get their money back.

if there are numerous transactions within a short space of time the bank will help, but you "may" have to persue the other company for any refund of account fees occured

15. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

What worries me about this is the company involved is BioWare Mythic, who are developing The Old Republic. I really want to play that game when it comes out but this incident makes me very nervious about the prospect of handing my bank details to them. I understand from the WAR forums that this is the second such "banking error" where multiple charges have gone through and, while people believed Mythic the first time, that it would never, could never, happen again, it seems the trust has gone.

Will my billing details be safe in the hands of BioWare Mythic? Can I afford the risk?

16. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

HA HA.....

17. Krynn01

Krynn01 What's a Dremel?

They operate through a third party to handle the payments. It's the 3rd party that is at fault, not them. Anything Mythic pays out will just get reimbursed to them from whatever 3rd part vendor they use.

Tags: Add Tags