1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding what to do after primer and sanded?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by venomz, 30 Oct 2005.

1. venomz

venomz What's a Dremel?

hey i put 2 coats of primer on and i sanded it down it looks pritty smoth. i donno if i have one more step after i put 2 coats of primer then sanded it down with 200grit paper. i think 150 i dont remember. but i think im done i dont no if im ready to paint the real paint on it yet.

2. A3D

A3D What's a Dremel?

:thumb: Maybe one more sand down with a finer sand paper will really smooth it down ,then prime and put the finishing paint on.

3. flacowboy

flacowboy What's a Dremel?

prime it one more time and then get some 180 or 220 grit sandpaper and wetsand it with a sanding block then wash it down real good and then let it dry overnite and then paint it with ur final paint go light with the final paint and wet sand lighty after each coat lightly with 220 good luck

flacowboy

4. venomz

venomz What's a Dremel?

thnx for the advice i kinda went ahead and acully painted it . it looks pritty good just got some little bumps on it but im ganna put one more coat on it see if that makes a difrence...i acully have to redue one thing though i stealthed my floopy drive . and there were some drips :( crys.... hehe oh well. :) paint dont cost that much like 5bucks per can. only thing is that it takes a wile to sand every thing down...

5. Kobalt

Kobalt What's a Dremel?

The best way to paint a case or any piece of metal for that matter is the way you paint cars light coats and wet sanding, very fine wet sanding then 3 to 5 coats of clear no sanding and if you have access to a garage, hose the floor and walls for your clear cause this will make or break your finish so as little dust as possible
    Of course a compressor, paint room and a good paint gun cant hurt lol :hehe: