1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Where to buy PC parts in bulk or cheap?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by antec900, 29 Nov 2009.

1. craig3000

craig3000 What's a Dremel?

So much negativity, nothings impossible ;) watch this space

2. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

I'm watching :)

3. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Ill try and be as constructive as i can, have a look at http://www.computer2000.co.uk They're apparently the distributer/wholesaler a lot of internet based companies use to supply IT products.

From the looks of it you will need a registered company, and VAT registation. These will be needed for any wholesale supplier imo, having dealt with wholesale before but not in computer parts i can say its fairly easy to get off the VAT registration if you contact them and explain your a start up, But 9/10 you WILL need a registered business.

Ive noticed that places like ebuyer are now offering discounts on multiple buys, but the savings are so small it isnt even an option imo, For instance a 1Tb samsung F3 is £63.87 inc VAT for a single drive but if you buy 200+ the price drops to £62.98 inc VAT per drive so an outlay of £12,774 nets you a discount of £178 :duh:

Like what has already been said by myself and others, Its far to difficult to establish yourself in the market today without £millions of startup capital.

4. cool_dude

cool_dude Minimodder

You're not even the OP? :eyebrow: