1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice 2011 build

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by grritsshawn, 8 Nov 2011.

1. grritsshawn

grritsshawn I'm not insane I'm a modder

Okay Well When the new 2011 socket and 7000,600 series gpus are out I'm gonna plan a new build. Here is my question for a mod what would better.

Big case with massive water cooling and lighter and nice fans
    or
    Small case with water cooling all compacted

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

This is like asking what kind of sexual position you prefer; it's ultimately all good, but it depends what you have space and need for.

3. zulu9812

zulu9812 What's a Dremel?

If you want to water cool in a small case, you should commit to a build that you are happy with and won't be upgrading any time soon. Tubing complexity in a small space will be a pain in the ass to deal with, especially if all you want to do is add a sound card, for example.

4. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

I'll be going lighter case and nice fans. That's what I did with my X58 build. Prior to that I was big case and water cooling, and even then upgrading and maintaining it was a pain. In a small case, once built, that's pretty much it, and even a light upgrade means draining the loop, rebuilding, or even redesigning.

Midi ATX case and decent air is my choice.

It still remains to be seen whether SB-E comes with water cooling as standard though, as some articles suggest it does.

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Micro ATX, Pook? Our GENE will be out mid-Dec. I've not seen the specs yet though - should be available internally end of next week.

6. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Sounds interesting!