1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Adobe After Effects Text Animation

Discussion in 'Software' started by logan'srun, 22 Sep 2010.

1. logan'srun

logan'srun following the footsteps of giants

Sheesh -

I'm trying to recreate the falling text in this video at 0:05-0:07secs (where the text appears to fall off screen, bounce once, and then fall again)

Can anyone point me in the right direction?` Or better yet, link me to a tutorial if there is one? My google-fu is coming up with nothing.

I've tried working on masking paths with the pen tool, but if I start to rotate the letters, the path itself rotates which is becoming frustrating. I can't find any presets for this either. I think I could do it with keyframes, but it would take an awful lot of keyframes by adjusting each character singularly.

Any tips?

2. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Hi,

The Adobe site has lots of useful stuff on this starting with a gallery of the various effects available;

http://www.adobe.com/products/aftereffects/gallery/

Also, I can recommend the 'Classroom in a book' series produced by Adobe which have some excellent walkthroughs. I have some links to other tutorials somewhere - when I find them I will post them.

Does this set you in the right direction?

3. logan'srun

logan'srun following the footsteps of giants

it helps, but I've been through all the presets already in bridge. I have like 70+ tuts already saved as well (teaching myself AE since I'm *cough* unemployed *cough*).

I've started to do it using keyframes and position movement, but I'd still be into knowing if there is a better way. . .

4. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

yeah was into after effects for awhile.. used it to mix video together for open house =] just for fun really

they have a really good tutorial on lynda.com.. I made this snake from scratch in ae following a tutorial following on http://maltaannon.com/ and I referenced a lot off of the video copilot website

sorry don't remember most of what I learned (not an expert by any means, the stuff was easy to follow though with those guys, they are pretty awesome- maked me realise how easy these guys in video actually have it nowdays).. one of those things if you don't use it you lose it xD you'll find what your looking for between those 3 sites though

5. roarke80

roarke80 What's a Dremel?

Actually the simplest and fastest way would be to use keyframes since the animation is so short and the movement is quick. You could use motion paths if you want greater control, but it might be easier to just set your position and rotation keyframes and let aftereffects do the interpolation for you. Then just adjust and tweak until the motion looks natural to your eyes.