News AMD launches Temash, Richland and Kabini mobile APUs

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 23 May 2013.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. barny2767

barny2767 What's a Dremel?

Holy crap 4.1Ghz from the CPU in the A10-6800k. I know it still wont compete with the power of an i5 but that's still a fast CPU. I am also hoping AMD evolve the FX CPUs soon since I need an upgrade and would rather give money to a struggling AMD than a rip-off, sky high profit Intel.

3. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

Not only is 4.1GHZ impressive but it also has a very acceptable TDP for what it is. Obviously it could be better but like I said, it's a acceptable.

I too am looking to do an upgrade, preferably AMD based for the same reasons. I'm considering the FX-6300 since it seems to currently be the best valued x86 CPU today (in terms of price vs performance, nothing else) but will wait for what Steamroller offers. I have an 890FX board so I'm not sure if SR will even be compatible.

4. maverik-sg1

maverik-sg1 Minimodder

Some really interesting releases here, exciting even, looking forward to seeing how these perform in use.

Sidenote and off topic slightly- We've been with DDR3 for a while now, I wonder when we'll move to next gen RAM and what advantages it will bring?