1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hex, 14 Feb 2011.

1. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Sweet, I'll add ya. I'm HexyWoo (both the game & Steam) :)

2. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

Now this game is a good value for the money

So far, I've clocked around 21 hours in SP, and I'm only at 50% synch total, I like goofing off way to much to focus on the campaign yet lol.

I haven't even touched multiplayer yet, which should give me a huge amount of gameplay as well, THQ and Kaos need to take a leaf out of AC's book, each game has given a massive amount of re-playability as well as a long SP campaign, and now with the inclusion of multiplayer.... :thumb:

3. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Steam id is piggie1987.

I haven't got the game in steam xD I've got it only as a standalone game (unless you can somehow use your key to add the game within steam, like you could in fallout new vegas?).

Speaking of single player, I finished creed II and am finding the start of sp a bit meh. Mostly because you've got a crapload of side missions, you have zero money, and are starting off from basics with what weapons you have. I had like 340k in creedII lol. Shame it's gone to waste. It would've been nice if you could have taken some of that with you haha.

Speaking of on line, I am playing with the controller, as opposed to mouse (that's how I decided to learn the game). I find that in wanted, you can get kills on smaller maps. On bigger maps, *mt st michel, you spend half the time chasing your target, and not getting any kills let alone being stealthy.

I gave assassinate a go, and jesus other people are getting like 30000 or something ridiculous scores , and I've got 0, yeah 0. I see the compass thing telling me where someone is, but because you don't know who you're looking for, you look around aimlessly at who the bad guy might be, and by the time you realise who it was, they've locked onto you and killed you. I just can't seem to lock on, and get a kill. Impossible stuff.

I also don't understand the stun business. If you have someone chasing you, you're fooked unless you managed to get hidden, so not sure where stun would come into play. I can't seem to stun just any random joe, so how does it work??

Maybe I'm expecting a bit much so early on.

Last edited: 8 Apr 2011
  4. Hex

I love MSM, but you need to have 3 pursuers to get it to work for you. It's probably my favourite after Siena and Venice for Wanted. It's a pain for Chest Capture though because the chests are so far apart. Whenever I get 3 pursuers I go to the flat open bit and draw my pursuers to me. Not only will they come to me, but it's very likely my target will come after one of them. Giving me a nice incognito with very little effort.

You need to work on observation skills. Once you know how the NPCs act players stand out a mile. I can count the amount of times I've been killed by an unknown attacker on one hand. I've almost always known they were after me when I died. Players don't move like NPCs. They do things NPCs don't do, go places they don't go. You get to know what/where these things are.

Stuns are awesome. I'm still in the top 10 in ranked for stuns and I love them. You need to use an ability to get stuns at the start, get a feel for it. Catch them in a smokebomb or mute them. Or run away, and use a disguise while they can't see you and stand near a blend group containing a clone of you. Try watching the videos I posted in here & in the 360 thread.

5. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

tried mute, totally useless. only way to use is when they try to blend into the group but then the stun icon won't appear. plus, only 1.5s, doesn't trap players......

learning to walk like a NPC is probably the most useful thing in ACBH. they have a set path (never go through the pursue breaker gates) and flow, walking against the NPC flow is pretty obvious.

MSM is not my favourite i have to say, not about the size, but the height differences, keep running into walls :(

and to add non-steam game to steam, do "Add a game" on bottom left, "Add a non-steam game", then select the ACBH launcher program. launch the game from Steam also gives you the overlay which is very useful when waiting for this supid P2P lobby system to find a lobby.

6. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

I've been finding it very hard to stun a persuer. I see someone coming after me, I'm sat on a bench, and I move because it seems pretty obvious that they've seen me. Then what do I do? Next thing I know, I'm killed. Any way to avoid getting killed? Is it just a case of keep moving from blend to blend, at the same time going after your contract, and hope you don't get busted but the other guy after you?

I've added it as a non steam game, but the stupid cursor from windows shows up inside the game once you've initiated a chat through steam.

7. wyx087

the cursor thing is annoying. i also get it. just move it out of the way, or act as a crosshair :D so it is easier to aim when holding down the left trigger.

to stun, you really need smoke, since usually, a kill trumps a stun action. so unless you are using ability or they haven't pressed kill button, you will get killed. best alternative is to run away and hope it initialise a chase, giving you a few points for getting away.

8. Hex

I think you need to be aggressive with mute, which is why it works for me. I know a lot of people moan about it, but it's generally good for me. Except in Assassinate. It's never once worked in Assassinate for me. It's also awesome in Wanted when you start playing the really good players who will smoke stun you if you get anywhere near them. Mute them and they can't throw smoke :D
    Absolutely, which is why I suggest spending more time in the Intro session. Not the hours I did, but more than a once through definitely. If you're having that hard of a time identifying players, Greg, it can be really handy. There are some maps though where NPCs do walk through chase-breaker gates so be aware of that. Also if a player or players barge through a group of NPCs and knock one out of the group they will run and even climb walls to get back in that group. Moving groups of NPCs will almost always push players to the back as well. So if there are 2 of the persona you're after and one is at the front, unless it appears that one is fast walking, it's the one at the back. Unless you heard them put on a disguise obviously. In that game we had on MSM where you said you didn't know who to go after, it was the ones running around on the rooftops :p

Oh and use the whispers. They make you completely paranoid, but they tell you when your pursuer can see you.

Sitting on a bench is a bit of a pain, it works well in Assassinate, but other game modes not so much. You really need to get up and throw smoke quick enough to catch them in it & not let them kill you.

I pulled off my first drop stun the other day and it was awesome. I'm up on a wire see my pursuer below me wondering how he's going to climb up and get me. Drop smoke down then drop and stun him :) Apparently that annoyed him greatly...

9. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

How would you drop the smoke from wire? Did you have to lock on or something or just press the button designated for smoke?

10. Hex

Just pressed drop smokebomb and then dropped down into the smoke to get my stun. You don't have to lock on to stun. I was just lucky they paused right underneath me.

11. wyx087

linked back here by Hex on the no AC for 2011 thread :D

had a few awesome games in Advanced Wanted. think i just found my new fund favourite game mode. it has less accurate compass so you won't get killed as easily. but watching closely, you will still be able to identify your target/pursuer. this mode feels like Assassinate but with an actual target, rather than guess who to kill. best of all, the couple of games i've had, there are a lot less rooftop runners, meaning everyone is playing the way game is meant to be played.

also, liking my Smoke + Charge combo at the moment. smoke takes care of pursuers, charge takes care of morphed/hiding targets. then plus Blend perk for instant hiding anywhere. :D

12. Hex

:D

I only played Advanced Wanted once back when I first started playing and I was obviously terrible as I had no idea what I was doing. Haven't been back since because hardly anyone plays it any more on 360 :( Might give it a go on PC.

Blender rocks, I missed it so much on PC when I started again. I could spend ages searching maps for another Hellequin to stand with! Though the game keeps messing with me and using Blender when it's not in the profile I'm using. I played some games of Assassinate on PC and it decided I should have Blender & not Wall-Runner. Great, I couldn't join any groups unless I couldn't be seen or there was already a Dama otherwise I looked like an idiot.

Then later that night I played Manhunt & Wanted on the 360 where I do have Blender enabled and it decided I should have wall-runner instead... it's messed up!

I actually haven't played on the PC version for a few days as I've been busy with other things. I bet I'm out of the top 10 for stuns now :/ I need to get some manhunt games going on! They need to fix the Templar Scores for last week though, at the moment they appear.... 'lost' :(

Oh and did everyone see if the community play Assassinate 133,700 times we will unlock a new map of Florence by Night :)

13. wyx087

is the new map for PC as well?

so what is everyone's favourite class setup?

-Combat class
    --Long lasting Smoke bomb (will switch to larger radius when unlocked)
    --Charge (probably decrease reload time when unlocked)
    --Blender perk
    --Resistance perk
    --3 killstreak +100
    --3 loss streak clear countdown

-Evade for hiding in teambased game
    --Long lasting Smoke bomb (will switch to larger radius when unlocked)
    --Morph (larger radius probably)
    --Blender perk
    --Wallrunner perk
    --3 loss streak clear countdown

-Takedown for killing in teambased game
    --Firecracker (larger radius, when unlocked)
    --Charge
    --Wallrunner perk
    --Resistance perk
    --3 killstreak +100 (may change to 5)

another slot change charge to poison, still yet to use it successfully, kept getting stunned when trying to use it.

and a slot yet to be used........ need a class for alliance and another for assassinate. would love some ideas :)

14. Hex

I assume so, I couldn't actually click on the article about it. Have they added Venice Night to PC yet? That was meant to be there from the start, but wasn't.

I change my profiles a lot because 5 are not enough! But this is basically how mine are:

FISTYCUFFS (defence in FFA & Manhunt, also all I use for Alliance except I may swap in Resistance if I fear stunlockery).

--Rapid Reload Mute
    --Rapid Reload Smokebombs
    --Blender
    --Overall Cooldowns
    --3 Silent killstreak +300
    --3 Loss Reset Cooldowns

TeamO (Offence round in Team Modes)

--Strong Charge
    --Rapid Reload Templar Vision (I will switch to Strong if we're on a roofy map)
    --Resistance
    --Silent Hunt (I find it frustrating trying not to start chases in Team Modes sometimes)
    --5 Silent Killstreak +750 (I normally get more than 10 kills, but if I'm not, I go back to the +300, it's not like you can die, avoid getting stunlocked and you won't have to desynch at all)
    --5 Loss Score x2 (I lock on to targets as team mates are about to kill them, not only for the co-op bonus, but so this kicks in)

IT IS I (defence round on Chest Capture though I switch to reset cooldowns, also switch to this halfway through in Wanted)

--Rapid Reload Disguise
    --Strong Smokebombs
    --Blender
    --Overall Cooldowns
    --3 Silent Killstreak +300
    --5 Loss Score x2

DoA (my starter Wanted set, it's cos when I see the word wanted I sing "dead or aliiiiiiiive")

--Slow Acting Poison (or delAIDS as we like to say)
    --Long Lasting Smokebombs
    --Blender
    --Overall Cooldowns
    --5 Loss Score x2

KILLKILL (Assassinate, I'm still playing with it, but couldn't get used to disguise here)

--Slow Acting Poison
    --Rapid Reload Smokebombs
    --Wallrunner
    --Overall Cooldowns
    --3 Loss Reset Cooldowns

PROfile for SuperPRO matches with friends and also when everyone else is being an idiot...

--Deadly Gun
    --Long Lasting Throwing Knives
    --Wallrunner
    --Chase Expert
    --3 Kill +100
    --3 Loss Reset Cooldowns

I used to use FireCrackers in Assassinate, but that almost always ends in a massacre where I'm not the last one alive. I do switch the Slow Poison to Rapid Reload sometimes though. Especially if I'm getting a lot intercepted. I tried using disguise & poison, but I never could get into a situation where I'd be targeted and could go round a corner and put on a disguise where no-one else saw me. I always got spotted by someone else and died. I think you need some luck on your side for this.

Much as I hate Assassinate, I did have an awesome start last night in Pienza Night where I got 6 kills in the first 2 minutes. I had 3/4 of my final score before we were 3 minutes in! I just spawned in a great place and everyone came straight to me. I only died because someone I'd already killed came back and I was the only Dama still there!

Last edited: 12 Apr 2011
  15. wyx087

yes, a class for when everyone is roof happy is an excellent idea. thanks.

have not had much luck with Disguise, nor Poison. i am now considering Manhunt offensive class that consist of Disguise and Poison to get some poison kills....... but 15 seconds for disguise is pretty short.

i've not found any use for Templer Vision. cos when using it, your persona glows like a light bulb. so anyone hiding in a crowd will spot you coming, and have prepared a smoke bomb.

also, didn't know about lock-on as teammate kills will count as contract lost. thanks. it reward points AND count as loss streak, winwin! just need to practice quick aiming with the joystick.....

16. Hex

No problem, it really helps too. If they're all running around roofing and shooting you can just join them (and generally beat them) rather than getting annoyed and rage-quitting.

I tend to use it from a roof, round a corner or in a haybale. Haybales are great when you're on the killing side in team modes. If there's a target close, I lock on to the haybale & jump in. If they're inside they leap out and have my lock on them, mash X get a hidden kill. If no-one jumps out, use TV. Then you can generally get a hidden and maybe even a focus kill. Also handy if there are two of them because smoke won't affect you. Oh also, if you use it round a corner and they're under an overhang. You know who it is. Lock on, then walk away and climb up above them. Then you can lean over, or even dangle off the overhang for a Focus kill. It's amazing how many times they stay there hoping you'll kill the wrong one. If they run you still get a kill, but no focus. They can't smoke you. It's pretty good, I use it a lot :) (It's also when randoms rush in and get smokebombed while I'm waiting for my focus!)

Yeah it's handy :) I'm actually not sure thinking about it if you need to select that target as well (using D-Pad for me), or if any lock works. Try it out and see.

Last edited: 12 Apr 2011
  17. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Just finished the single player. I'm so tempted to just sell it on. I mean DAMN what a cop out of an ending. I suppose there's multiplayer, but meh. Can't really be arsed to soldier on till I get to the good levels and have decent weapons. TV etc.

18. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

@Greg: So you got a game with ~10-15 hour run-through campaign and 30-hour near full completition time, and you complain about spoiler ending ? It's not like they did it for first time. AC1 ended in something which made you want to play AC2 immediately, so did AC2. What did make you think ACB will be any different ?

19. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Gah, thinking it was the final instalment? Maybe? And pff. who does 'full completion'. It's not like collecting all those borgia flags or treasure chests really did much for you.

20. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

There is sooooo much more to full completion than just borgia flags and treasure chests :wallbash:

You have the Lair of Romulus missions, Leonardo war machines, Da Vinci disappearance DLC, Guild challenges, Borgia towers, thief and Courtesan missions, rebuilding Rome, assassinations, and Templar lairs, and Templar agent missions. I'm sure I'm missing some, but those are the biggies :D

there is so much to do in the game, I'm sure the last 10 minutes won't ruin the rest for me