1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burned DVD's

Discussion in 'General' started by isho, 6 Oct 2005.

1. isho

isho What's a Dremel?

hey guys and girls i have a quick question for you i am looking for a website that shows what brands and models of dvd players will play burned DVD's. i have already tried google and found nothing
    thanks in advance

Isho

2. Fr4nk

Fr4nk Tyrannosaurus Alan !

most dvd players will play "burned" dvds aslong as the video has been Encoded to the correct signal pal(uk) NTSC(us) and then burned.

-Fr4nk

3. Veer

Veer What's a Dremel?

even better if you want to play burned dvd's on all dvd players. Download a program called Dvd Decrypter, it's a freeware. It removes all the codes, and makes it region free. The best thing to use if you want to watch dvd's code free.

4. fatty

fatty Minimodder

5. mushky

mushky gimme snails

You'd be better off making sure you get good blanks.

6. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Minimodder

What about + vs - for compatiability?

L J

7. Springs

Springs Boing boing

most of the newer dvd players will play burned dvd's.. if its really old they might have a few more problems with it all...

8. kiljoi

kiljoi I *am* a computer king.

I've heard that they both work equally well, and I'm not sure what the difference is as far as the discs go, but I use -R, and have yet to make a coaster. And these play on a $30 Wal-mart dvd player.

9. Sam0r

Sam0r It's been a while

Apparently -R's are more compatable.

I bought a spindle of +R's a while back and they wouldn't play in any dvd player unless burnt at 2.4x.

Tip:

Burn at the lowest speed possible for your burner.

10. jasonmason

jasonmason What's a Dremel?

I agree with the above poster.. I use DVD Decrypter and then follow up with DVDShrink to create the .ISO and it works perfect every time.

11. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Yes, slower burns are more successful in general, but in theory it shouldn't matter. But we know how well theories tend to work in actual use...

Most players will play + and -, and tends to say on the box. My very unscientific testing has basically told me that it started out as + media was a hair cheaper and faster, and - was slightly more compatible. At this point, it should be six of one, half-dozen of the other. At least closer than trying to play a BD disk in a HDDVD player once we get there (though it sounds like bluray is winning again, and if there are two mainstream formats, more than geeks will be pissed about it and start botcotting movie purchases)