1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Cloning Drive gives bad performance?[Images & Benchmarks Included]

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by aLtikal, 5 Dec 2010.

1. aLtikal

aLtikal 1338-One step infront of the pro's

[Update 1] : Now able to boot from whichever drive I would like
    [New Problem] : Currently getting poor performance from a spoinpoint drive. Any ideas?

Hey BT.

Im abit lost on this one. Heres what ive done.:confused:

I've always had Win7 boot on my Raptor 36gb Drive, untill recently i bought a Spinpoint F3.

Using Acronis , I cloned my Raptor 36gb ONTO my Spinpoint F3 Drive.

Here is Disc management screen shot.

[​IMG]

Acronis has also created two random partitions, no idea why :wallbash:

Thanks x

Last edited: 5 Dec 2010
  2. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

You have to do it in the bios..Go into the bios and find all the devices HDD's DVD , you'll notice each hard drive has a code. Set the one you want as the first boot, in your case the SDD and that's it, press F10 to save and you're done. The only problem you might run into is where windows has dumped the bootloader, but that can be sorted with a little program easy BDC.

Did you really mean duel boot as in having a fight not dual boot as in 2....lol

3. aLtikal

Ok ive found a way around it, pretty much what you said bulldogjeff, I just changed my boot priority and booted windows from the new Spinpoint Drive...

But two things are amiss.
    1) C Drive in "My computer" doesn't have the OS Drive Icon. It just has a normal Drive icon.[image below]
    [​IMG]

2) The benchmark is dreadfull for the spinpoint F3[Images below]
    Raptor 36gb
    [​IMG]

Spinpoint F3
    [​IMG]

4. padrejones2001

padrejones2001 Puppy Love

It seems to me that the maximum transfer speed is 139.4 MB/s and an average of 112.3 MB/s, which is what you can expect from your drive.

5. aLtikal

I was more shocked at the access time lol and the burst rate is half what it should be. Thats atrocious. Also, why has acronis created System reserved partitions. I keep getting "Low space" popups. Might format the whole drive and re-do this. Hmmm.

6. d3m0n_edge

d3m0n_edge Lost Is Your Soul

This is my benchmark but bare in mind that I have setup my HDDs using AHCI and that I'm using this as a storage drive rather than a boot drive.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 6 Dec 2010
  7. narwen

narwen narwen

win7 makes a hidden partion for recovery tools on boot disk. access times will be poor on system disk has windows is doing it's stuff in the back ground.