1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware CM Storm Inferno Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 29 Aug 2010.

1. Econobob

Econobob What's a Dremel?

I was very interested in the RAT series of mice there are a lot of suspiciously similar reviews (same phrases used and the likes) giving blanket praise of them, but the user comments after the reviews paint a different picture of tracking issues when you pick up the mouse to move it on the mouse matt you get fraction of seconds delay. Ars gave it a good review but I ended up playing safe and getting the X8 sidewinder for £40 from Amazon

Both of the below sites I don’t normally visit so cant vouch for their integrity when reviewing unlike Bit-tech and Ars
    Maximumpc review
    Benchmarkreviews

2. supergroover

supergroover What's a Dremel?

I bought the RAT and have to say that I am very disappointed. I play FPS games and lift and drop quite alot. Everytime I put the mouse back down it right clicks... without me touching any keys Major bummer :( and design flaw. I might give this mouse a try and see if it lives up to the reviews.

3. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

For 45 bucks, I think you can't go wrong. I bought one of them this morning, and I'm not desapointed at all.....In fact I'm suprised. You can disable the fingerprint and the front LED (Hopefully). Its not slippery, itsnt feel sheap, and the more important for me It HUNT the frag like a Jag

4. TheBlackSwordsMan

5. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I don't use more than 3 buttons on my mouse anyway so this is kinda pointless for me.
    Not as pointless as the Razer Naga though:

[​IMG]

Oh, and SwordsMan... there is an edit button. Please use it. :p

6. TheBlackSwordsMan

I'm gonna think about that the next time ;- )

7. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Sounds like a good mouse. But I'll be sticking with my MX518 I think.

Looked at the RAT mouse :jawdrop: then I looked at the price and was like :eeek::jawdrop:

8. undertheradar

undertheradar What's a Dremel?

This mouse does have its flaws. The extra right click and left click buttons are a great idea, but due to the shape of the mouse (a narrow front end) this leaves a very small area for the main buttons, so you can click them by accident quite often. If the mouse had a wider front end, like a fireglider or deathadder, this problem would be solved.

The other problem is with the thumb buttons... great location aside, they are close together and flush with the main body of the mouse. I dont know about you, but I cant easily tell which is which from their feel... and its three in a row, so I had to add some texture (used stick on pads with textures which is tacky) myself to make sure I could tell them apart. FWIW, the DPI adjustment buttons aren't much better.

FWIW, I still hate Cooler Master software as well (the storm sentinel advance does this as well), thats the biggest drag. Its actually great when you get it going, and some of the macro tools built in are the best I have seen, but the problem is that every time you start the mouse software it adjusts the mouse sensitivity (lowers it), so you have to go back and change it every time, but sometimes this messes with the sensitivity you have for other mice... so its really a PITA. Cooler Master, please stop this annoying 'feature', or at least allow us to disable it.

Tags: Add Tags