1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Croteam announces Serious Sam 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 15 May 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

WANT!

Must get telephone boxes in the game somehow.

3. riggs

riggs ^_^

The first game was awesome - I loved the fact it was way ott. Turning my back and running away from hundreds of enemies used to get my heart rate going! And yeah, the co-op mode was pretty cool.

Never played the 2nd one though...was it actually any good? May try and pick up a copy if so.

4. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

I thought the 1st game was great but the second one really sucked for some reason I cant quite fathom!

Hopefully the 3rd will be just as good as the 1st maybe with planet size bosses!

5. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

The second encounter game (part 2 of the first one) was pretty damn good. Bigger, anyway.

The third game (serious sam 2) was good, but a bit too cartoony for my tastes. Felt to round and bright.

I have this image in my head of how serious sam will end. Taking in to account the ever escalating baddies, I think the final, final scenes will have Sam on the edge of existence, a rocket-machine gun the size of the moon in EACH hand, as he turns round and screams:

"**** you, universe! Seriously!" before he blasts the **** out of everything and initiates a new big bang.

Or it'll be some massive tentacle thing. Who knows.

6. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

ROTFLOL, you actually made me laugh at an empty room, well done!

The first two episodes still rank as part of my all time favourite gaming experience. I apsolutely adored the first two games, seriously, they were that good (no pun intended). The second was... fun, but not quite as good. In the first, when faced with 100 enemies, you'd get 100 enemies in your face all in one go. In the second, you'd get 5 waves of 20 enemies, which just isn't quite as fun. It was a truely good game, but just not quite as "RARRRR", more "rarrr", if you know what I mean. Worth picking up for cheap though, and it's a refreshingly long game as well.

That said, it was still a damn good game, and I can't wait for the next episode. The story, the humour, Sam's amazingly deep voice, the secrets, the massive bosses, the genuine lol moments, the genuine holy **** moments, and the best co-op ever, ever invented that was present in both the games gives me high hopes for a third one.

Plus, Serious Sam has the honour of being the subject of a rather hilarious outburst by a certain Bit-Tech staff member one night when we were all surprised to hear, with genuine passion, the immortal line:

"God damnit it! All I ever asked for in life was NOT TO BE BLOWN OFF BY A WIND GOD!"

7. CardJoe

That damn tornado-boss was pissing me right off. 50 or so attempts and I still got my ass handed back to everytime, with pwnage stamped all over it.

8. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

i need to play Serious Sam one of these days.. my old roomate liked it a lot

9. CardJoe

Yes. You NEED to play Serious Sam. Tomorrow.

10. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

I think I will pick up all three, plus the new on when it comes out.

11. Ziegfried

Ziegfried What's a Dremel?

LOL!!! :-D :-D Do you work at Croteam??

Serious Sam kicks serious ass, but Serious Sam 2 only starts to be good on the third or fourth planet.

12. CardJoe

Yep. :rolleyes:

Tags: Add Tags