1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Crysis 2 Anticipation

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Agosen, 7 Feb 2011.

1. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I know nothing. My current PC is a Dell laptop that ****s the bed when I try and play L4D2 let along Crysis.

I'm reserving judgement. I havent read anywhere that there aren't fists and lobbing stuff.

If its been confirmed somewhere then I'll have a sad.

2. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

Oh holy ****.
    I was expecting Crysis 2 to be mediocre, not terrible, yet that's what the demo struck me as. Not even worth the download except to save myself from mistakenly buying the full game later. :sigh:
    Many of us frequently rant on this forum about how badly certain games have been 'console'-ified, but I don't think I've seen such a dramatic shift for the worse in a game/sequel in a long time as this one.

The awful menus with their lack of an fps limit stressed my GPU harder than the actual game did. :rolleyes: (Though in all fairness, Crysis frustratingly didn't impose an fps limit on menus either.)
    Seriously, how did we go from some of the slickest game menus in recent times (Crysis) to this kind of crap?
    Oh that's right, gamepads.

The changes to the suit powers are enough to put me off the game entirely regardless of any potential differences in quality between the MP and SP components because as far as I can see they've completely ruined the very gameplay component that made Crysis fun.
    There's very little scope in Crysis 2 for the 'ninja' gameplay that set Crysis apart from other shooters and from what I played the skillcap for the game appears to have been dropped through the floor by these changes.

I was one of the people who bought and genuinely enjoyed Crysis and Warhead; And one of the people who felt betrayed by Crytek's bitching about PC gamers and their shift to multi-platform development.
    At first I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, even when the announced changes and early previews suggested that Crysis 2 was going to be another awful CoD-clone.
    I can see now that any resentment towards Crytek was completely justified.

3. Deders

Deders Modder

Vsync?

Last edited: 2 Mar 2011
  4. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

Shouldn't need to lock the vertical refresh rate just to stop the main menu of the game pushing my GPU up to 91C. :p

5. Deders

Deders Modder

6. knuck

knuck Hate your face

great ...

7. soviet_

soviet_ Bantros

8. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

9. Wozzname

Wozzname Some random guy

Just played a few rounds of multiplayer. I'd rather have banged my head against a brick wall for entertainment value.

First hate: for some reason the game doesn't like my middle mouse button for switching suit modes (lots of frustration it getting stuck and not moving to armor and promptly getting shot to bits). Usually gets stuck on zoom - I can already see who's shooting me, protect me instead!

Second hate: Not staying in weapon scope after pressing it (you have to hold it down!) - this causes additional problems when following someones movement as a sniper and you can't decloak quickly because of the suit switching not working well. Similar thing when running around as Assault with scope up and then trying to switch to Armor.

Money shall remain in wallet until the game falls to £5.

10. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

I personally thought this was amazing :idea:

11. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

here's a link to a config creator for the demo.

Click Here

It lets you skip the intro, add an ADS toggle option, change your FOV and set the exact settings you want. Use this if you don't want to create the shortcut with commands option.

12. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I'll need to tweak it tomorrow because it's unplayable on my rig atm. 40 fps + motion blur just don't mix at all

13. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

Finally got to play the demo last night. I'm reserving judgement on the game but I was very disappointed with the demo. My first impression was how arcady the game looks and feels to play. That may be what some people like about it but for me it didn't feel like crysis. The game looks and feels animated and whereas the original nano suit made you feel like a character from a decent sic-fi, this suit looks and feels tisch. The new animations around jumping a high wall/ sliding reminds me of playing donkey kong on the snes as a kid. The feeling of realism, which I loved about the first game, including it's multiplayer just wasn't there and tbh the game got tired very quickly and I switched back to bfbc2 after a couple of hours. The demo does feel aimed at winning the console market so as I said I'll reserve judgement onthe final single player, hopefully that'll be good. After watching the video of gameplay footage from frostbite 2, the new cry engine visuals in the demo are not a step into the future

Last edited: 4 Mar 2011
  14. TheLegendJoe

TheLegendJoe Syntax error

Forgot about this video from a year ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WJG14uLA3k

Issues here are present in the demo too, quite clearly the CE3 is aimed at consoles... Its surely a step back from CE2 in many respects.

15. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

my Crysis 2 has been officially cancelled. :D was expecting Crysis 1 sort of gameplay (large battlefield, sandbox approach to hunt and kill enemy, vehicles in multiplayer and improved Power Struggle multiplayer game mode) but got a crappier version of Call of Duty with some fancy graphics that is uglier and less demanding than Crysis 1.

BF3 on preorder at Amazon though :D

16. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

EA Stores has my order in ... Saddo that I am

17. Er-El

Er-El Minimodder

18. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Played it for five minutes. Got really annoyed at how much they've copied CoD so went and played Crysis 1 for a bit.

The lighting is sort of good, though it relies too much on sun beams and the gun models are good, everything else is pretty average graphics wise. Middle mouse button radial wheel isn't as slick as it should be either.

19. Frohicky1

Frohicky1 Awaits his moosey fate . . .

From what I've seen of the demo, I think it looks pretty good. There seems to be an annoying trend on the net, of putting all big games into "absolutely the crappest thing ever" and "absolutely the most awesome ever". Crysis 2 looks like it's neither of these, it looks like it's pretty good.

Graphics wise, I reckon they're better than Crysis Wars, but I prefer the gameplay of Crysis Wars (ie Battlefield 2 style).

As for ripping off COD, I would be very annoyed if they looked at COD, realised that everyone likes Killstreaks, Customisation, etc, so therefore decided not to include these!

20. kaz1989

kaz1989 What's a Dremel?

It appears that I am against the majority and rather enjoyed the demo! I agree it is similar in COD in obvious ways, but it just plays differently. Can't really explain it. I just hope that when the full game comes out, there are no exploits using cloaked mode.