1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Free Video Editing Software

Discussion in 'Software' started by lilgoth89, 30 Nov 2013.

1. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

so ive a load of WOT replays and I was hoping to get some editing software so I can get some of my better ( or worse ) moments up on the youtube

I imagine that Ill have to record the replays before I can edit them, so can anyone recommend me some good ( free ) software for both jobs ?

2. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

3. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

4. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Windows movie maker is actually a pretty decent bit of kit. I use it for all of my videos and while it's perhaps not "professional" it certainly does everything most of us would need.

5. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

for free video editing software i have looked but have never really been satisfied with any of the free products out there (i have tried a bunch) how ever i have to quite like sony vegas (home version not professional) which is pretty decent and decently priced (around 100 bucks give or take depending on the version you go for. They also have free 30 day trials.

6. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

I agree; I once looked around for free video editing programs, and I was disappointed the offerings out there. I also agree that Sony Vegas is a very capable editing program. For roughly the same price, there is also Adobe Premiere Elements. I've not tried the home version of Premiere, but having used the professional versions of both Premiere and Vegas, each one has its pros and cons. Even though I've been grown more and more fond of Premiere and After Effects, for sheer intuitiveness and ease of use you can't really beat Vegas.